PDA

View Full Version : Please Stop Peeing In Your Pants :(

Emma H
03-12-2015, 06:25 AM
Hi everyone,
I have a family who started potty training their son literally last week. He is three years old and they skipped the pull ups and went straight to the underwear. The issue is he keeps peeing his pants, half the time I have to make him go sit on the potty because he tells me he doesn't need to go. I don't have time to constantly keep cleaning up the carpet as I have other kids who need me too. I really don't know what to do!

Ps they are leaving in two weeks so all this week isn't really worth it

torontokids
03-12-2015, 06:30 AM
Tell them he is having too many accidents, is not initiating the potty and needs to wear Pull ups at daycare for the above mentioned reasons e.g. hygiene, multiple children

kindertime
03-12-2015, 06:33 AM
If he's really not ready, then, yes, I think you're right. Not worth it. Pull-ups or diapers. It's only two weeks after all. And why would the parents start right before making a big change in his life? I mean, really!

sandylynn
03-12-2015, 06:55 AM
This is without a doubt a NO BRAINER....after he is dropped off..put a diaper on him...put his underwear on for pick-up!

Emma H
03-12-2015, 06:55 AM
I know!! That's exactly what I was thinking! I think she did this on purpose bc she gave me a two weeks notice bc she could afford more then two days a week so I then told her if she wants her last weeks deposit applied she has to give me a a four weeks notice...she said fine lol that's it just Fine lol so I think she's either getting back at or she's trying to use me up for the last two weeks...it's a nightmare this kids had peed him self twice in the first hour ...he keeps scratching his face for whatever reason he looks like he got scratched by a cat and of top of that this morning he told me he's sad bc mommy hit him in the eyess....nightmare:h uh::huh:

kindertime
03-12-2015, 07:12 AM
ummm..... hit him in the eyes, did you get the story on that?

Emma H
03-12-2015, 07:18 AM
He was telling me that he was sad and I asked him why so he said I don't know ...then I said yes you do you just use your words...he said I'm sad bc mommy gave me time out and hit me in the eyes and he cried and gave me a hug

Suzie_Homemaker
03-12-2015, 07:23 AM
You've had such a run on bad luck this last two weeks.

This 3 year old boy who you believe being toilet trained and used as pawn by parent because you holding them to 4 week notice instead of 2 weeks who it now seems is also being hit by parent.

Then the parents you termed as rude when you called them to come and get their sick child. Can't remember age as you edited your comment and toned it down.

Then the 16 mth old who smelled strong with potential yeast infection that Dad not concerned about.

Then one of your two pregnant Moms annoyed you by asking to drop PT in April and you so annoyed you considered terminating but a quick discussion sorted it all out.

Then the parents who struggle with stroller in snow and want pick up/drop off service.

And the new boy who was crying on his first day on 2nd March and you wondered how others handled it.

All this drama in 10 days. Holy! I could not handle such drama all the time. Must be very stressful.

sandylynn
03-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Don't stress yourself out anymore....if he only has 2 weeks left...don't be worried if she finds out you put a diaper on him....just say..."he's peeing all over my carpet and frankly...he's only here for 2 more weeks....what is she going to do...pull him a week or two early...I don't think so....good luck :)

Emma H
03-12-2015, 07:55 AM
You've had such a run on bad luck this last two weeks.

This 3 year old boy who you believe being toilet trained and used as pawn by parent because you holding them to 4 week notice instead of 2 weeks who it now seems is also being hit by parent.

Then the parents you termed as rude when you called them to come and get their sick child. Can't remember age as you edited your comment and toned it down.

Then the 16 mth old who smelled strong with potential yeast infection that Dad not concerned about.

Then one of your two pregnant Moms annoyed you by asking to drop PT in April and you so annoyed you considered terminating but a quick discussion sorted it all out.

Then the parents who struggle with stroller in snow and want pick up/drop off service.

And the new boy who was crying on his first day on 2nd March and you wondered how others handled it.

All this drama in 10 days. Holy! I could not handle such drama all the time. Must be very stressful.

Just wondering, as you keep mentioning it subtly, why it matters to you so much as to why I edited out my posts. Is there a written rule on this website that forbids people to edit posts? I think not and I don't need to explain myself.

It also worries me that you keep track of my posts.

As for everyone else, thank you for your help I will mention pull ups to the mom.

mickyc
03-12-2015, 08:13 AM
My contract says no underwear until I approve it! I would ask for pull-ups asap! You need to take control of what is in your home not have mom tell you. He isn't trained if he is wetting himself that much and not telling you he needs to go. If you have carpet that is even more reason to not allow it. From the other parents perspective I would not want my child crawling or playing on carpet that has been peed on!!!! Yuck!!! Plus there will be the additional cost to get it professionally cleaned in the near future.

Suzie_Homemaker
03-12-2015, 08:53 AM
Just wondering, as you keep mentioning it subtly, why it matters to you so much as to why I edited out my posts. Is there a written rule on this website that forbids people to edit posts? I think not and I don't need to explain myself.

As for everyone else, thank you for your help I will mention pull ups to the mom.

Actually, it was not me who mentioned it before but when have you ever let factual information get in your way. It also interested to note if more than just me express opinion, it only me you attack. I did not ask you to explain yourself - I think you protest too much that I mentioned a factual event that I cannot refer back to the age of a child because you edited your comment. Why are you so offended and defensive of the truth of an event?

I can draw my own conclusions (and have done) about why you feel need to rant and then tone down. I think much is to do with your need for validation and not having strength of character to stand by your actions or words. It a repeating pattern we seeing from you.

You imagine a slight by applying a tone of your choosing and then you attack people. It's a small minded bullying tone because you repeatedly go after same person. I think this very dangerous personality type in one who cares for children. Power tripping carer's are very dangerous, have cruel streak, and often narcissistic.

It's doesn't matter to me. It amused me. It's like teenager editing story all time. It's interesting to see from an adult. Very telling about type of person.

Why you worried about someone keeping track of your post - it hardly tricky - one click and all the drama is there to read. No need me keep track, system does it for me. If this what you worry about, maybe invest that time sorting out business so less drama to post about. I think most adult with true investment in their business would be focussing on that.

I always wonder why you need to pop up and make situation personal every single time, always trust you to read the worst into any post. It is almost entertaining to be able to predict which post you will imagine to be a dig, and you come out attacking.

Do you speak to your "rude" "inconsiderate" "unbelieveable" clients this way too? Do you often imagine any comment is a dig at you? Do you think people even care enough to bother doing that?

Only concern I have with you is repeated action of blaming others for situation you in, belittling of clients for being rude, unrealistic, daring to request a change in situation, the know-it-all tone of superiority over the parents of children in your care and the narcissistic tendencies. The bitterness in your posts, the covering of your tail by editing your strong rants - it's like you can't help yourself, need to post for the attention and then realise it shows you in bad light or that you don't get the validation or awesomeness you expected. That only concern me because you have young children in your care.

I know this might not be popular post but someone on such a power trip with such anger and bitterness towards people who you simply determine you don't like, is a worry. To not be able to control yourself and conduct yourself professionally is big worry when there is not another adult to monitor your power around little children.

It very scary that you chose this for your career. Hopefully this on-line persona is not real reflection of your true personality.

AmandaKDT
03-12-2015, 08:55 AM

Gee whiz, she was trying to be supportive because she felt you are in a stressful situation because of all the stuff you have posted over the last week or two! Anyone who comes on here regularly would remember most of the stuff you so recently posted. And of course people are going to be curious why you removed your posted. No need to be like that.

3rdtimesacharm
03-12-2015, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't agree to potty train unless the process has been started and has been successful at home, first. Definetly a diape at daycare. Pullups do not hold as much and are harder to change on a child who is constantly having accidents.

pink
03-12-2015, 09:07 AM
When, the parents leave you do what you feel is best for you, I guarantee that they really don't care that you have to clean the mess the child makes. I had a parent that asked me to bring their 2 year old to the bathroom, she barely talks, she's not ready for potty training. It goes in my one ear and out the other. You should have a potty training policy in place no exception.I have another child that she always goes for her BM after I put them down and she removes her clothing and her diaper and smears poop everywhere in the playpen. I asked the parents to put her in onesies they didn't, I also asked them to bring her own playpen they didn't. Yesterday, I put my grand-daughter onesies on her and when I when to get her she had her pants off and she had poop all the way down her back. Not to good for my grand-daughter onesies. Today, she wearing overall there going on backwards. Last week, I carried her and put her in my shower, she was covered with feces from her waist to her feet. The parents don't care that I have to spend all the time cleaning and disinfecting.

5 Little Monkeys
03-12-2015, 09:23 AM
This is off topic so I apologize to the OP but I just wanted to say something

Suzie, I think you've said English is not your first language right? I think you do extremely well and I actually like how you write/speak...it's straight to the point with no added unneeded mess! It's blunt but gets your message across. I personally usually agree with you! You get a lot of defensive posts from Emma and I'm not sure why. Just wanted to say, there are others who agree with you :)

Emma, I enjoy your posts too but I'm not sure why you always feel attacked by Suzie? I read this site daily and I don't find her posts to be any ruder than some others. If you're going to participate on a forum you can't take everything so personal. I had to learn this as well when first starting with forums. I'm sure many of us did actually!! We are all going to have times where we disagree or don't see eye to eye but there's no reason to take it so personally. I can disagree with you or your methods but that doesn't mean either of us is wrong, just that we do things differently.

I enjoy both of you but this bickering back and forth from you two is getting old. Just my opinion...I don't mean to offend either of you!!

Have a great day :)

5 Little Monkeys
03-12-2015, 09:26 AM
When, the parents leave you do what you feel is best for you, I guarantee that they really don't care that you have to clean the mess the child makes. I had a parent that asked me to bring their 2 year old to the bathroom, she barely talks, she's not ready for potty training. It goes in my one ear and out the other. You should have a potty training policy in place no exception.I have another child that she always goes for her BM after I put them down and she removes her clothing and her diaper and smears poop everywhere in the playpen. I asked the parents to put her in onesies they didn't, I also asked them to bring her own playpen they didn't. Yesterday, I put my grand-daughter onesies on her and when I when to get her she had her pants off and she had poop all the way down her back. Not to good for my grand-daughter onesies. Today, she wearing overall there going on backwards. Last week, I carried her and put her in my shower, she was covered with feces from her waist to her feet. The parents don't care that I have to spend all the time cleaning and disinfecting.

Blah!!!! That is so gross, I can't even imagine her playpen! I'm sorry you have to go through this daily!! I'd be telling the parents that they need to help figure out a solution....what do they do at home?

Have you tried one pieces put on backwards? Taping the diaper around the waist so it's harder to pull off?

Emma H
03-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Last time I checked Suzie was going to put me on her ignore list but she just can't help herself lol

Lou
03-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Suzie- you mentioned in another thread that you were going to add Emma to your ignore list. Change your mind?

Seriously, the both of you just need to ignore each other as you obviously butt heads and the rest of us are tired of the drama between the two of you over EVERY little thing. Ignore and stop fueling each other for goodness sake.

Remember that none of us are better than anyone else.
"Maturity doesn't mean age. It means sensitivity, manners and how you react."
"Sometimes it's better to react with no reaction"
"Maturing is realizing how many things don't need your comment"
"Blowing out the other person's candle will not make yours shine brighter"

Crayola kiddies
03-12-2015, 09:33 AM
This is off topic so I apologize to the OP but I just wanted to say something

Suzie, I think you've said English is not your first language right? I think you do extremely well and I actually like how you write/speak...it's straight to the point with no added unneeded mess! It's blunt but gets your message across. I personally usually agree with you! You get a lot of defensive posts from Emma and I'm not sure why. Just wanted to say, there are others who agree with you :)

Emma, I enjoy your posts too but I'm not sure why you always feel attacked by Suzie? I read this site daily and I don't find her posts to be any ruder than some others. If you're going to participate on a forum you can't take everything so personal. I had to learn this as well when first starting with forums. I'm sure many of us did actually!! We are all going to have times where we disagree or don't see eye to eye but there's no reason to take it so personally. I can disagree with you or your methods but that doesn't mean either of us is wrong, just that we do things differently.

I enjoy both of you but this bickering back and forth from you two is getting old. Just my opinion...I don't mean to offend either of you!!

Have a great day :)

I think susie and 5lm are bang on ..... I actually question on the other post why all the comments by Emma were edited out .... Stand by what you post !!! I have also wondered if this is the right profession for Emma

Suzie_Homemaker
03-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Blah!!!! That is so gross, I can't even imagine her playpen! I'm sorry you have to go through this daily!! I'd be telling the parents that they need to help figure out a solution....what do they do at home?

Have you tried one pieces put on backwards? Taping the diaper around the waist so it's harder to pull off?

This interesting.

I have 2 year old whose BM changed. Not a poop investigator but suddenly when he did go, it was like explosion and head to foot. I had to shower him more than once.

But parents were good and so we get chatting to see what changed in this child. He used to just go every couple of days but it contained in diaper and now the diaper is not doing the trick.

It turn out that at home, after his 2nd birthday, parents switch from Homogenized Milk to 2% which is the recommendation. He good eater so not need calories from milk.

Here, he remained on Homogenized Milk just because I not going to buy Homogenized for under 2's and 2% for over 2's and 1% for my husband and I.

Anyway the Mom and I did some research and it seems that the difference in fats between two type of milk can have this effect on small number of children. To test, we switch him back to just Homogenized milk and sure enough, problem ends.

I not saying for sure this is the problem with your child but was interested to note that this is a two year old as well. Maybe ask what type milk they give at home or maybe you switched him recently? Something to look at maybe?

Emma H
03-12-2015, 09:39 AM
ATTENTION EVERYONE I edited my posts bc I know that specific family I was talking about goes on daycare bear and I didn't want them to see anything as I said before. As for your comment as if this profession is right for me, LOL

Lou
03-12-2015, 09:40 AM
As for answering your question: If he is 3 and still not getting it after a few days it is either because 1) he's not ready or 2) The effort isn't great enough at home AND daycare.

I require in my policies that toilet training must begin at home. I suggest they begin full tilt on Saturday morning and have 2 solid days of underwear only. I even suggest they do it on a long weekend, or on holidays. The kids do wear pull ups here, but if they have gone 2 weeks without accidents both at home and at here then they may transition to underwear at daycare. This system has worked wonderfully for us and motivates the parents as well to stick at it. Starting toilet training 2 weeks before he is finished is ridiculous, and he would absolutely be wearing a pull up at my house until his accidents have stopped.

Emma H
03-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Thank you Lou! That is exactly what she was doing and it amazes me that people thought she was being genuine.

bizzybee
03-12-2015, 10:02 AM
After being a long time lurker, I specifically created this account a few minutes ago to reply to this thread. As a mother, my main concern is how you all find the time to bicker and reply while watching children. This is one of the main reasons I chose not to go with home daycare.

bizzybee
03-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Actually, it was not me who mentioned it before but when have you ever let factual information get in your way. It also interested to note if more than just me express opinion, it only me you attack. I did not ask you to explain yourself - I think you protest too much that I mentioned a factual event that I cannot refer back to the age of a child because you edited your comment. Why are you so offended and defensive of the truth of an event?

I can draw my own conclusions (and have done) about why you feel need to rant and then tone down. I think much is to do with your need for validation and not having strength of character to stand by your actions or words. It a repeating pattern we seeing from you.

You imagine a slight by applying a tone of your choosing and then you attack people. It's a small minded bullying tone because you repeatedly go after same person. I think this very dangerous personality type in one who cares for children. Power tripping carer's are very dangerous, have cruel streak, and often narcissistic.

It's doesn't matter to me. It amused me. It's like teenager editing story all time. It's interesting to see from an adult. Very telling about type of person.

Why you worried about someone keeping track of your post - it hardly tricky - one click and all the drama is there to read. No need me keep track, system does it for me. If this what you worry about, maybe invest that time sorting out business so less drama to post about. I think most adult with true investment in their business would be focussing on that.

I always wonder why you need to pop up and make situation personal every single time, always trust you to read the worst into any post. It is almost entertaining to be able to predict which post you will imagine to be a dig, and you come out attacking.

Do you speak to your "rude" "inconsiderate" "unbelieveable" clients this way too? Do you often imagine any comment is a dig at you? Do you think people even care enough to bother doing that?

Only concern I have with you is repeated action of blaming others for situation you in, belittling of clients for being rude, unrealistic, daring to request a change in situation, the know-it-all tone of superiority over the parents of children in your care and the narcissistic tendencies. The bitterness in your posts, the covering of your tail by editing your strong rants - it's like you can't help yourself, need to post for the attention and then realise it shows you in bad light or that you don't get the validation or awesomeness you expected. That only concern me because you have young children in your care.

I know this might not be popular post but someone on such a power trip with such anger and bitterness towards people who you simply determine you don't like, is a worry. To not be able to control yourself and conduct yourself professionally is big worry when there is not another adult to monitor your power around little children.

It very scary that you chose this for your career. Hopefully this on-line persona is not real reflection of your true personality.

No one attacked you, stop playing the victim. This is exactly what I meant by my post above.

Lee-Bee
03-12-2015, 10:16 AM
After being a long time lurker, I specifically created this account a few minutes ago to reply to this thread. As a mother, my main concern is how you all find the time to bicker and reply while watching children. This is one of the main reasons I chose not to go with home daycare.

As home daycare providers we are isolated in our homes all day with no adult interaction. Have you never had yourself or any coworkers bicker in the course of your work day? Like in any profession different personalities and different opinions leads to (what you call) bickering. Our bickering is more obvious because it is in writing for everyone to read (and reread) and it is online which allows everyone to more easily magnify their responses.

Suzie_Homemaker
03-12-2015, 10:19 AM

We multi-task for most part. When kids eating food, if all independent eaters we just need to be close by for choking hazard.

Also, it just take a few mins now many have internet on cellphone.

Like when you at office. You go to washroom and stop by a friend desk on route and exchange few words, or maybe nip to coffee room and pour coffee and have quick chat to colleagues. I seriously doubt that you head down, working, full on, all day every day.

Also remember, this is county wide site. So here in PEI. it now lunchtime. For others it might be early evening.

You had time to create account and comment and your child fine in those few mins? Likely play at feet or on swing? It's not like sitting in front of computer for 10 hours a day. It jump on an off, like you chatting to colleagues for short time each day.

It amazes me the double standard of expecting a day care provider to be fully focussed on children from 6am until 6pm when no other profession not expected a couple mins interaction here and there throughout day. If you think it any different at day care centre, you very, very naive.

People like you are the main reasons we interview. It two way process. Unrealistic parent who pay $35 an hour for 12 hour day which is about $22 after food, milk, heat, business expenses is actually paying about $1.80 an hour for care. You really, really expect to be boss too and to limit all interaction for duration?

It okay that home day care not suit you. But understand you attitude is unrealistic and many of us would not take you if you not think it okay to spend short time when children napping to interact with others. Or would you prefer that we one of those carer who stay off line but instead have friends over during nap time to interact?

When parent paying more than $1.80 an hour, perhaps they in better position to judge and apply standards which not apply to themselves?

Suzie_Homemaker
03-12-2015, 10:24 AM
No one attacked you, stop playing the victim. This is exactly what I meant by my post above.

I now understand.

You not parent - you is either Emma H. with new account because not getting your point across of you one of her little friends.

True narcissism.

Now you switch accounts and object to observations. Game playing at it's finest. I leave you to get on with it. Very twisted.

Lou
03-12-2015, 11:07 AM
I wasn't only talking about Suzie, Emma.

Busy ECE mommy
03-12-2015, 11:31 AM
I have in my policies that children need to be accident free at daycare for 2 consecutive weeks in a row, before I will even think about underwear. Back to pullups asap would be my request to the parents.

Suzie_Homemaker
03-12-2015, 11:39 AM
I actually train in real underwear but only if child is ready to train. To determine ready child must know they are peeing/pooping not just that they did pee or poop, must be able to communicate they need to go either verbally or other way, must be able to pull pants down, sit on potty, stand and pull pants up by themselves with no help, must be willing to go potty if sent to try (not at the "no" to everything stage), and must be willing to sit and remain until peed.

If child showing ready by these things, I prefer panties to train in as little trickle of pee down leg is good lesson. But I lucky - my house tiled from front door, down hallway to washroom, into kitchen and dining room. My living room is carpet. It not big deal to move children out of living room for couple of weeks if needed.

If child can't do all things I want or if parent pushing before child is ready, then I require pull ups. I also require that parent does full weekend at home first. I not here to toilet train children because their parent want stop buying diapers before child is ready. I here to support parent not do for them.

Let parent have whole weekend of peed/pooped floor. It gives some reality to situation.

bizzybee
03-12-2015, 12:51 PM
I now understand.

You not parent - you is either Emma H. with new account because not getting your point across of you one of her little friends.

True narcissism.

Now you switch accounts and object to observations. Game playing at it's finest. I leave you to get on with it. Very twisted.

Sorry to crush your scandal but I was just throwing in my 2 cents and I am now finished. Plain stupid, rude and ignorant you are, coming to your conclusions.

MonkeyPrincess
03-12-2015, 01:20 PM
We multi-task for most part. When kids eating food, if all independent eaters we just need to be close by for choking hazard.

Also, it just take a few mins now many have internet on cellphone.

Like when you at office. You go to washroom and stop by a friend desk on route and exchange few words, or maybe nip to coffee room and pour coffee and have quick chat to colleagues. I seriously doubt that you head down, working, full on, all day every day.

Also remember, this is county wide site. So here in PEI. it now lunchtime. For others it might be early evening.

You had time to create account and comment and your child fine in those few mins? Likely play at feet or on swing? It's not like sitting in front of computer for 10 hours a day. It jump on an off, like you chatting to colleagues for short time each day.

It amazes me the double standard of expecting a day care provider to be fully focussed on children from 6am until 6pm when no other profession not expected a couple mins interaction here and there throughout day. If you think it any different at day care centre, you very, very naive.

People like you are the main reasons we interview. It two way process. Unrealistic parent who pay $35 an hour for 12 hour day which is about $22 after food, milk, heat, business expenses is actually paying about $1.80 an hour for care. You really, really expect to be boss too and to limit all interaction for duration?

It okay that home day care not suit you. But understand you attitude is unrealistic and many of us would not take you if you not think it okay to spend short time when children napping to interact with others. Or would you prefer that we one of those carer who stay off line but instead have friends over during nap time to interact?

When parent paying more than $1.80 an hour, perhaps they in better position to judge and apply standards which not apply to themselves?

CLAP CLAP CLAP...You win the internet today. This is hands down the best post i have read all day. Many many MANY good points in your post. GOLD STAR for you :D

Suzie_Homemaker
03-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Sorry to crush your scandal but I was just throwing in my 2 cents and I am now finished. Plain stupid, rude and ignorant you are, coming to your conclusions.

You not being honest poster but you underestimate adult ability to see through fibs. Also, you not understand is how people show true colours though pattern of behaviour and also the simple understand that when someone's story make not sense, it not normally truthful.

When someone like me is reading and writing in language different to main language, lot of attention payed to nuances of text because if word new to us, clues about meaning come from rest words in sentence. It possible to recognise posts of some people from how they express opinions.

Your tone when you post as Emma and Busy Bee is the same.

Same contempt in language used, same superiority, same self-righteous view of others and same vocabulary. Also, like Emma, when now posting as parent Busy Bee, just my reply pulled out to comment on. So same pattern of behaviors between your two accounts.

You and Emma are either same person or she is feeding you information to write.

You pop up and claim to be new poster who been observing in background and say that you not like inhome care because we spend too much time online. You then target just my comment to prove your point.

But if you really lurker like you claim, your would have concern about way most frequent posted talk about client behind their backs rather than speaking to client, you would have concern about mean streak and you would see that one person creates over 50% of new threads. This is logical person to persecute if you parent concerned about carer's time on-line. But you bypass her comment and come direct to mine. That make no sense and so very unbelievable until pattern of behavior is compared between both accounts.

If your concern truly time we spend on-line, then it make more sense that you target a poster who is representative of the problem as you see it.

Even more interesting is account for Emma gone silent since Busy Bee account appear. Not one peek out of original account. Normally not shush all day. Busy Bee show up and Emma gone all quiet.

People are not idiots! You game player with no conviction to stand behind your statement. You even confirm that you editing your aggressive comments about your client because a client uses this site and you not willing to be held accountable to rants and mean comments you make.

You not trustworthy person.