PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Wear - Suggestions?

1stTimeMom
02-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi - I am getting a little discouraged by the Maternity wear selections out there - some of the stuff looks nice from afar but is of very poor quality upon closer inspection. Am I being too picky or have other noticed this as well? Also, does anyone have any ideas for some basic pieces that I can wear for an office setting? No jeans allowed!! :D
Thx

playfelt
02-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Don't be afraid to visit the consignment shops, value village type stores. You should be able to find clothes made of a better quality for the same price as the cheaper ones you were looking at - maybe even a better deal. I think one of the things to remember is that while things like pants are basic the styles go in and out of fashion and many pregnant woman want new clothes with each pregnancy rather than storing the old ones unless you are planning children very close together. It might seem like the quality is poor but it will get you through the 5-6 months you need them.

giraffe
02-22-2011, 12:57 PM
I likes OUAC for pant and I got all of my shirts at GAP and Old Navy

mamaof4
02-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Its true! A lot of the affordable maternity clothes are so cheaply made, it is awful! The retailers know you need it!!

Check out craigslist, ebay.

Emma3
12-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Hello !

There is a brand in Montréal, Modern Eternity, you can find maternity coats, jeans and leggings. Clothes are beautiful and really comfortable !

You can find the web site on Google

Good luck :p

Lee-Bee
12-03-2015, 12:42 PM
The clothes are made to last a few months, for one pregnancy not for daily wear for years like regular clothes.

They should last you through your pregnancy without trouble...and odds are will last through an additional pregnancy.

I will caution you about used maternity clothing. They can work fine BUT they have been stretched out by a previous pregnant mom. The pants will lose their stretch and odds are you will find you are constantly hiking them up in the earlier months of pregnancy because your belly isn't as big as the clothes were stretched! Which, really isn't a big deal but is an issue worth noting!

TdeLaB
03-30-2016, 11:32 PM
When I was pregnant only 9 months ago, I discovered some baby wearing maternity clothes. The great thing about the pieces I bought was that I could continue to use them after the baby was born and well into the 9th month. One brand is ViJays based out of Montreal. I liked them so much I wore them everyday once the baby arrived mostly out of necessity as the child refused to be put down without wailing. They have other breastfeeding and maternity clothing for prenatal.

Which city do you live in? That will dictate some of your locations for sourcing quality clothing. I visited every maternity store in the lower mainland, Fraser valley, sunshine coast, as well as when I traveled internationally. Much like you noticed, much of it was just stretchy jersey material, which I did not find professional to wear to work. The nicer items were priced outrageously. It takes a creative eye to locate a style that works with a price that's reasonable.

Lanie Reyes
06-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Ill go with leggings when you go to office.

Emma and Eva's Mum
07-26-2017, 02:58 AM
Hello !

There is a brand in Montréal, Modern Eternity, you can find maternity coats, jeans and leggings. Clothes are beautiful and really comfortable !

You can find the web site on Google

Good luck :p

I agree. I remember wearing some jeans from them. They were so comfortable! I remember being so excited about my first pair of jeans from them so much...that i ended up ordering 4 more online but in different colours.

Acesty6
02-28-2018, 07:33 PM
Top Pregnancy Clothes | Shop Maternity Styles On Sale‎
Adwww.motherhood.com/maternity‎

Montreal and Modern Eternity works too they last and so comfortable to wear hope it helps

harahev33
06-16-2020, 10:42 AM
I think that the answer depends on your own needs

capem91
06-18-2020, 03:37 PM
You will be surprised. Personally I prefer denim clothes like here (https://cools.com/shop/womens-denim) and I feel very comfortable wearing that. But as mentioned previously, your choise should depend on your own needs and pocket size.

beacon
07-20-2020, 04:19 AM
Yeah, you're absolutely right!