PDA

View Full Version : Would like some input on my website please!

CPST_Manda
10-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Hi Ladies!
I haven't had any interest in my daycare and my only advertisement source is DCB. Other ladies have said interest picked up when they added a website, so I've created one of my own using a Wordpress template. Do you mind taking a look and offering some constructive criticism? TIA

EDITED to remove my website... thanks to all those that replied :)

playfelt
10-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Looks good and yes I have found that having a website does generate some interest. My only constructive criticism might be the three pictures scrolling across the top. The group picture is deceiving if you are a family daycare as it looks like a kindergarten group not a family group as in not mixed ages and more than five kids so that could lead some to think you are a daycare centre rather than a home and not look any further.

Skysue
10-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi,

Your site is good but I do agree with playfelt regarding the group picture? Have you posted on Kijiji.ca that is the site that I have had the most interest as well as Godaycare.ca?

The only other advice I have is showing more pictures of the spaces the kids have access to, as your playroom isn't huge. My playroom is the same size and I show pictures of the family room area where we dance and watch educational videos and my back yard play area.

Most parents want an idea of how and where there child spends there day, visuals will draw more interest to your ad!

Good luck!

Sue

P.S Your space looks amazing!

CPST_Manda
10-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks ladies! I am planning on taking some pictures of the backyard as well as the nap space and also the kitchen table where we eat. My "Facilities" page is kind of lame LOL. It took me ages to figure out how to get a slideshow widget and now I can u/l more pics of our yard/washroom/nap area and kitchen!

I agree about the group picture, I'm going to disable it right away (it came with the template)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)