PDA

View Full Version : What's on the menu today?

CPST_Manda
10-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Just curious as to how my menu compares to other DCP... I had a kiddo who just switched from another DCP and all he asked for was macaroni and grilled cheese hehehe. I don't think he was feeling my Breakfast menu.... green eggs :no:

Today was:

Breakfast: Spinach and Veggie Omelette w/cheddar + strawberries + 1/4 ww English Muffin w/Butter

Lunch: Falafel + Red pepper slices w/Dill Dip + Pita Triangles

Snack: Pumpkin Seeds + Cantaloupe + Greek Yogurt

momplus6
10-31-2011, 10:56 PM
We had Breakfast: Bacon/eggs/hashbrowns/cheese all fried up together, Lunch: stir fry which was rice, beef, red peppers, carrots, brocoli, sauce and roasted pumpkin seeds from our carved pumpkin. Snack was sliced apples and cheese

zen39
11-01-2011, 10:21 AM
We had morning snack: Banana bread and applesauce ; Lunch - sheppards pie (ground turkey, corn and sweet potato), whole wheat bun & steamed broccoli ; PM Snack - pineapple & yogurt

Skysue
11-01-2011, 05:04 PM
am snack: Graham crackers, yoghurt & peaches

Lunch: Grilled cheese with, steamed broccoli, cucmber slices & sliced pear

pm snack: whole wheat crakers with sunflower seed butter, watermelon & apple sauce

Emilys4Guppies
11-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Morning snack: Oatmeal with blueberries
Lunch: Homemade mini-quiche w/ cheddar & spinach, sugar snap peas, apple slices
Afternoon Snack: Yogurt and canteloupe

playfelt
11-02-2011, 07:39 AM
I think with any menu you have to remember that what are "normal" foods for one family are untried foods for another. Also that a child needs to be exposed to a food several times before they embrace it. Trying to strike a balance between foods you know they eat and some that might be new helps with the transition.

daycare woman
11-30-2011, 09:49 PM
I do bear paws Banana, and fruit in the morning they all 5 love them

wolfpup
12-29-2011, 01:46 PM
I try to do fruit for every snack and a vegetable with every lunch whether we have macaronni or pizza, or whatever... there is always a sliced vegetable or 2 on the side. Breakfast is for the parents to provide if the child is here for that... usually cereal.