PDA

View Full Version : How To Save 300 Dollars

TinyTwigs
04-22-2015, 10:26 PM
I am located in Canada and I am having the hardest time finding the really good toys that are only sold in the US!!! Ugh and shipping is just too darn expensive. I am opening up a home daycare in the next two months and I really REALLY wanted a sensory table but the prices I was finding here for a wooden one was around 300-600 dollars ummmm no way am I paying that. So I decided to make my own using an old kid craft train table I had lying around and this was the finished product three hours later hahaha!

Before 181

After!!!! :)

5 Little Monkeys
04-23-2015, 07:36 AM
Looks good!

My sensory table is one of those Rubbermaid tubs that is on wheels and can be stored under beds. It works really well for me and is big enough for all of them to play together. That reminds me....I need to change it out, it's still got Easter themed stuff in it!

babydom
04-23-2015, 07:37 AM
Great job. I have some water tables and I bring them in and use them as our sensory tables :)

Busy ECE mommy
04-23-2015, 07:52 AM
Great idea! I have always used a water table indoors as my sensory bin.

ebhappydc
04-23-2015, 08:03 AM
Looks good! Worth the effort if u can DIY.

My hubby made bookcases, and a 6 ft low to the ground wooden bridge for cars and trains the kids love. I'd like to sew a large parachute but thinking may not save with the cost of silky fabric. I did sew a 2.5' x 3.5' felt board cover on styrofoam and cut out felt shapes. Have saved a few bucks. I would love to have one of those kidney shaped craft tables I've seen at Scholars Choice...

bright sparks
04-23-2015, 08:27 AM
I would love to have one of those kidney shaped craft tables I've seen at Scholars Choice...

MDF + Jigsaw + ikea adjustable legs ...Would be super easy to do even for someone who isn't handy...just make sure to seal MDF after cutting to prevent offgases :D