PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable notice to give dayhome

karenw
05-21-2015, 02:35 PM
I am considering finding a different Dayhome for my child. How much notice should I give to be fair to the Dayhome provider? I was thinking 1 month notice. We do not have a contract.

mickyc
05-21-2015, 02:47 PM
1 month sounds fair.

BlueRose
05-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Read your contract. See what the termination policy is. Some say a month others 2 weeks. Some providers have restrictions on using your deposit towards your last 2 weeks etc.

Suzie_Homemaker
05-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Read your contract. See what the termination policy is. Some say a month others 2 weeks. Some providers have restrictions on using your deposit towards your last 2 weeks etc.

She stated clearly in her post that she does NOT have a contract.

I agree that a month is fair.

5 Little Monkeys
05-21-2015, 05:18 PM
With not having a contract (which I think is a silly idea for both provider and parent!), you can give whatever notice you like but to be fair to your current provider, I think 2-4 weeks is ideal. I ask for a month. This usually gives me enough notice to find another family. However, if a family knew they were leaving and could give me more than that, I'd be so appreciative! It is stressful when a family leaves as that's a chunk of our income instantly gone and the longer we have to try and fill the space, the better! Good on you for being considerate and not just leaving because you technically can without a contract. :)

Van
05-22-2015, 08:45 PM
it is good to find your new daycare first and see when the starting date will be for your child and then give as much notice as you can