PDA

View Full Version : Best Activity Book?

CPST_Manda
11-04-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm hoping you ladies can suggest a great book of activities I can do with my DCK. I'm a book person, not a website person so would love to have something to leaf through in the evenings etc.

TIA!

playfelt
11-04-2011, 07:32 AM
There are many curriculum type books that give you daily lessons and the craft ideas to go with them. Take a look in Scholars Choice or Wintergreen or one of the online educational stores if you don't have one near you. Another good option is to visit the library and look in their early childhood education section as they will sometimes have books there. You could also look on the computer for the various book publishers such as Carson Dellosa, Monday Morning Books, Teacher's Friend, etc.

Just thought of a better idea. Consider subscribing to a teacher magazine such as Mailbox magazine - they have a website. You will get a monthly magazine to look at that will have themes, craft ideas, patterns to use, etc.

mlc1982
11-04-2011, 07:45 PM
I believe the book I have is a Mailbox one and it's called 'teaching two year olds' or something along those lines (I can check exact name when i'm home.) I really like it because it has all kinds of activities, arts/crafts, etc. It says two year olds but I use it for my whole group which now ranges from 14 mths - 4 yrs.

mamaof4
11-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I have 2 that I really like Busy Preschoolers and Busy Toddlers. They are aimed at the separate age groups and I really really love them