PDA

View Full Version : Apple Recipes Please!

5 Little Monkeys
05-27-2015, 09:53 AM
I have 3-4 large ziplock bags of frozen apple slices and am looking for some new recipes. I've looked on Pinterest but nothing is jumping out at me. I usually make crisps or pies but am looking for something different.

Also, easy and few ingredients....I don't really enjoy baking but do it because I have too!

AmandaKDT
05-27-2015, 10:46 AM
You could turn them into apple sauce, then use that apple sauce in other recipes.

You can also use apple slices in recipes using pork, it is a tasty combo.

mattsmom
05-27-2015, 11:04 AM
I was thinking apple sauce too...I thrown mine in the slowcooker with a splash of apple juice, brown sugar and cinnamon. You could also wrap apples with crescent dough and bake as a tasty snack. Use them for smoothies or add them into a big batch of baked oatmeal.

MsBell
05-27-2015, 11:25 AM
you don't need to cook them to make apple sauce, just peel and freeze them, when they thaw add cinnamon and a little sugar (if needed) and you have applesauce. I use it to replace the butter in a baking recipe (especially good in banana bread!)

bright sparks
05-27-2015, 01:17 PM
you don't need to cook them to make apple sauce, just peel and freeze them, when they thaw add cinnamon and a little sugar (if needed) and you have applesauce. I use it to replace the butter in a baking recipe (especially good in banana bread!)

You can use apple sauce to replace eggs too!

5 Little Monkeys
05-27-2015, 02:54 PM
Yes, I thought of applesauce but I have quite a bit right now.

Maybe they'll just stay in the freezer a bit longer lol

kindertime
05-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Are your apples peeled and cored before you freeze them? I do that and use them all year long in oatmeal. I don't use the crock pot for that, just instant but I heat the apples in the microwave first and add a bit of brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. My kids love it, there is never any left over.

5 Little Monkeys
06-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Yes, they are peeled (well some, I prefer the peel on for some recipes) and cored :)

I have so many bags to use up so decided to make applesauce today in the slow cooker. Read a few recipes and than kinda combined them. So I have 10 cups of apples, half a bag of strawberries, 2 cinnamon sticks, a couple tbsp of brown sugar and a bit of lemon juice thrown in. Smells good!