PDA

View Full Version : New here

ticnangel
11-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Hi there, I'm new to this forum, but not to daycare bear.
I've had my home turned "upside down" for over a year now, as I've slowly turned it into a 24 hour Childcare.
My biggest beef is with parents who get behind in their payments. It is so frustrating to have to nag and nag for money. Some end up just dropping out, but others I feel forced to give them an ultimatum, which they either ignore or drop out all together.
How do others handle that?

Skysue
11-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi there, I'm new to this forum, but not to daycare bear.
I've had my home turned "upside down" for over a year now, as I've slowly turned it into a 24 hour Childcare.
My biggest beef is with parents who get behind in their payments. It is so frustrating to have to nag and nag for money. Some end up just dropping out, but others I feel forced to give them an ultimatum, which they either ignore or drop out all together.
How do others handle that?

They must make payment either by cash or e-mail transfer Monday Morning for the week of care. This way your already paid in full before the week has started. No pay no services!

Play and Learn
11-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I changed my payments to the Monday morning at drop-off. No Pay, NO STAY!

Good luck!

Judy Trickett
11-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Never, EVER work for free. You ALWAYS get paid IN ADVANCE. So, that means that whatever your payment schedule is (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly etc) you make them pay upfront for that time. So, for example, I have ALL my parents pay me Monday morning for THAT week of care.

And, when they show up withOUT payment you turn them away at the door WITH their child to go get it.

NO PAY - NO STAY!

You only have to turn them away once to make a distinct impact on their brains that non-payment will NOT be accepted.

Remember, ANY provider who has payment problems with parents has only themselves to blame. YOU are accepting this problem. Simply stop accepting the kids without the payment and you will NEVER have to chase a parent again.

ticnangel
11-08-2011, 07:12 AM
There certainly seems to be consensus here. I have been trying to get payment up front, but it's hard with me being a soft touch and people being users. The last one I made that ultimatum to, never came back, but that's one head ache gone for sure.

mamaof4
11-08-2011, 07:19 AM
welcome! i hope that the parents learn to value your services!