PDA

View Full Version : Before and After School Care

FS2011
02-21-2011, 01:22 PM
How does everyone juggle this? If you are a provider that does drop off and pick up at the local school...do you walk with all the kids, drive and get parents to provide car seats? I have been getting questions about doing this and right now I have an infant, toddler and preschooler and we use a double stoller for walks. Its not a problem to pack them all up for a walk to the school most days but it would interupt naps. I have been thinking about hiring a helper to stay at the centre while I do school runs in my vehicle.

How do other providers do this?

playfelt
02-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Once my own children were able to go back and forth to the bus stop by themselves I started caring only for children not in school. That includes no JK/SK either because of the busing. I do not regret the change at all. I so appreciate having control of my day and not being bound by the clock and bus times.

Emilys4Guppies
02-21-2011, 03:14 PM
We do the walk, regardless of weather. We are a one-van family and my husband uses it for the commute. I will be walking children to school for a few years yet, and truthfully, I enjoy the walk. I do it with another local provider and we really enjoy ourselves. It also makes it easier if the stroller gets a flat tire, or we need help getting over snow drifts, ect. We help each other out that way.

Pushing all those kids keeps me trim. LOL!