PDA

View Full Version : Looking at new strollers come spring...

MunchkinMinder
11-08-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm starting to do some research now for a big purchase I'm wanting to make come spring...a new 4 passenger stroller! I'm very excited about buying one I'm just at a loss of what brands to trust, if the ones that are 2X2 are too wide to get through doors or take on transit, so on and so on.. any advice you ladies could give me would be much appreciated :D

mlc1982
11-08-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm actually doing the same thing. A friend of mine just got a 'Foundations Quad Stroller' and so far she loves it. She says it's heavy and bulky but it is a 4 seater after all. She ordered it online, can't remember the site right now, but she got it for about $525.00. It didn't come with the weather shield/rain protector thing so that would have be ordered seperate if you wanted it. I'll get the website and post it when I get a chance to talk to her again.

MunchkinMinder
11-08-2011, 09:56 AM
That would be great...I'm thinking about this one as well and it sells for $599 (and I'm assuming + weather shield if wanted)

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2 Fchildcare.scholarsc hoice.ca%2Fproducts% 2FToddler-574%2FInfant-Toddler-2215%2FStrollers-3118%2FBlue-Quad-LX-Child-Stroller-p51505%2Fpstart1%2F&h=ZAQHJ9zpYAQETdG_cC 0drkLbgKLSnDwpoXQltj JXjlAsdLQ

fruitloop
11-08-2011, 02:59 PM
I have that stroller and I ordered it out of the states about 3 months ago for cheaper...but then our $ was doing a bit better at that time. mlc1982, I think your friend possibly got it the same place as I did. I paid about that much after shipping & handling and exchange rate. So far I'm happy with the stroller. It is big, heavy and bulky but it's to be expected with a quad.

Emilys4Guppies
11-09-2011, 08:47 AM
I love my quint Runabout. It's narrow enough that I can get into public places. The wheels are big enough to go easily through snow/ice. Because of it's "antigravity" design it's easy to tip the front wheels up to get up curbs. Even when I've got it loaded up I can push it with one hand.

They are expensive, but they are a quality stroller that will last for 20 years. Definitely worth the investment for me! I walk to the school twice a day and go out daily in the summer, so I need something sturdy and functional in winter weather.

Daycare123
11-09-2011, 04:22 PM
I have the Foundations quad as well. They sell it at Macklems in Toronto for about $525.