PDA

View Full Version : Opening a new day care, need help with creating all the policies and documents

tishka
06-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Hi All,

I'm new here and was hoping to get some help.
We are in the process of opening a licensed day care. We have already signed a lease for a location the was previously a daycare (previous owner moved to a new location) and we already sent the $15 payment to the ministry.

What we need now is to create all the policies and documentation as per the orientation on the Child Care Licensing System.

My question is, is there a service that we can use that will help us in creating all that paper work?

Thanks

tishka
06-11-2015, 10:45 AM
anyone? :blink:

babydom
06-11-2015, 10:48 AM
I don't know about centres. Only home daycare. Maybe Google daycare forms? Ask other daycare how they got all the paperwork done?

3rdtimesacharm
06-11-2015, 10:57 AM
This forum is almost all unlicensed home daycare providers. Sorry, I don't know a thing about licensed daycare centres.

Suzie_Homemaker
06-11-2015, 11:38 AM
The regulations change based on your province. It would be helpful to know where in Canada your day care centre was going to be located. As other said, we primarily in home providers not centres but someone might know for their province but that only helpful if you in same province with same regs.

tishka
06-11-2015, 01:17 PM
we are in ontario

Picmobertdaycare
06-11-2015, 01:56 PM
I too am opening a daycare centre and for now it will operate unlicensed and in hope to have it licensed. I printed off the daycare and nursery act. I forgot which site I was at, but it had the license application at the back.
My suggestion for now is to prepare your site according to the daycare and nursery act, there is a check list for ministry guidelines.
Hope this helps...

kindertime
06-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Google Child Care Licensing System

Suzie_Homemaker
06-11-2015, 02:57 PM
I too am opening a daycare centre and for now it will operate unlicensed and in hope to have it licensed. I printed off the daycare and nursery act. I forgot which site I was at, but it had the license application at the back.
My suggestion for now is to prepare your site according to the daycare and nursery act, there is a check list for ministry guidelines.
Hope this helps...

Check your regs. You can't open an unlicensed day care centre here in PEI. You can open an unlicensed/unregistered/non-agency endorsed day HOME but a centre has to have all paperwork and licensing before it can open it's doors for children.

tishka
06-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all the replies.
I was hoping there are companies out there that can provide service such as this. help in writing all the paperwork and so on.