PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that have had an employee

torontokids
06-14-2015, 05:30 PM
I am in the process of hiring an assistant. I am in search of some guidance re: what to do here so I am being legit but also a good employer.

I used an online calculator to figure out the CCP, EI etc. So, if I hire someone PT for the daycare I need to give them their hourly rate+ 4% vacation and pay their CPP and EI. Can I just do this online and pay it or do I need to go through my accountant to get them a pay stub etc? I really don't want to pay him for a service if I don't need to.

For example: She will be getting $15 per hour x 8 hours per week. This is $240 biweekly. According to the online calculator she gets $23.04 vac pay and I have to submit EI- $4.95 and CPP- $6.36 and her income tax (which is 0). So she goes home with $251.73. My understanding is also that I have to also pay EI and CPP as her employer as well??? How much?

Any help is much appreciated!

torontokids
06-14-2015, 05:31 PM
If she's part time, do I have to pay her for Stats as well or just when she works??

Lee-Bee
06-14-2015, 07:24 PM
Have you contacted revenue Canada? I used to nanny and they set this all up for me and they called and they were walked through it all. Then each pay period they went online and plugged in a few details and the website did all the calculations for them. It was really simple and you wouldn't need an accountant to do it for you.