PDA

View Full Version : Another cover up?

teddybear
06-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone, I've been following for years, but never posted before. A couple of days ago a commuter posted (on a private forum) about a Salvation Army daycare centre in Mississauga. She was driving on a 4 lane highway and had to stop to avoid a 2 year old, in diapers, crossing the road. She then saw this child wave several more 2 year olds across. She was horrified as other drivers slowed to avoid, but did not stop. She flagged down another driver, they retrieved the toddlers and found the centre that they had "escaped" from. The providers appeared from the side and said "oh the gate latch is broken." They secured it with a bungee. The peel police were there and told the woman that it was no big deal, as no one was hurt.

Why isn't this all over the news?

torontokids
06-18-2015, 12:20 PM
are you sure it's a real story and not just someone posting made up nonsense on a forum?

teddybear
06-18-2015, 12:21 PM
It was on a forum to do with gun enthusiasts, so I doubt someone trying to cause trouble would post it there. She said she just needed to vent.

Lee-Bee
06-18-2015, 12:24 PM
I would be a tad skeptical of believing such a story that was posted online. I find it hard to believe the story didn't make the news and can't help but wonder if someone is just posting it online to get people riled up.

The fact the kids were supposedly in diapers, and not clothing when they escaped is odd enough on it's own.

Not saying these things do not happen in centres. They do. But this just sounds off to me.

5 Little Monkeys
06-18-2015, 12:35 PM
I'm skeptical too. A 2 year old waving the others across?? Lol, it just paints a funny pic in my head of this little people "gang" escaping daycare!

I can't imagine why any news wouldn't cover this. What do they gain from covering it up?

I know everyone is busy and sometimes a little too self absorbed but I really can't see a whack of vehicles just driving by this and not stopping.

If it is true, I feel sad for society!

teddybear
06-18-2015, 12:37 PM
Maybe, it just seemed like a very odd place to post if they were going for a reaction. The only reason I saw it is because my husband follows the forum. You'd think they would pick a forum that more women would see? I could totally see the police playing it down though. I once had a dcg walk out of her jk enclosure and down the street, a concerned person brought her back to the school and then went home and called her mother. (looked up the name from her backpack). Mom waited all day but the school never informed her. When she confronted them she got the same "no big deal, she's safe" attitude.

superfun
06-18-2015, 01:07 PM
The 2 year old waving others across sounded really weird to me too. Lol

5 Little Monkeys
06-18-2015, 01:09 PM
I can understand why the dc or school would want this to be kept secret but the News doesn't care...if there's a story, they will report on it!

Who knows why some people post things....some are just pot stirrers and bored! Hopefully this is the case here

kindertime
06-18-2015, 03:33 PM
The issue is not whether or not it should be on the news. If a news source, (paper, radio, t.v., etc) doesn't hear about it, they can't report it. The reason IMO that someone would post a story like this on a gun web forum would be to highlight the fact the police did nothing. It's a thing for some people to be anti-daycare and also anti-police. If this actually happened, the poster on that forum would actually called the news, not post it somewhere like that. Don't believe everything you read.

Welcome to the forum, teddybear. Are you a dcp, or parent?

teddybear
06-19-2015, 10:41 AM
I'm both. Parent for nearly 20 years, dc provider for 16.

Van
06-21-2015, 03:05 PM
it does sound fishy
here we had on the news that ONE child escaped from a daycare in Victoria and the police was called and the daycare was being checked by License inspectors to see if they will stay open or not and another child escaped in Seattle on the same day but in the news at 5 that same day
so can't believe this story LOL