PDA

View Full Version : Advertising (off of the site of course)

SnugglebearHD
06-22-2015, 08:39 AM
So I advertise here and the child I have booked was actually through this website :D I have been advertising on mail boxes and noticed Canada Post was taking down my flyers, so I started advertising on light posts and guess what? They are disappearing as well. I live in a brand new development right near Caledon and I cant figure out why my ads are disappearing from the posts! I have now ordered post-cards and will be dropping them off at the doors. Boo this is hard.

cfred
06-22-2015, 08:56 AM
I stopped using flyers years ago as they just weren't all that successful. I also ran into the same problem of them being taken down. The best option, I've found, is to create a website. I've had many clients find me through a google search and quite a few have said it adds an air of professionalism. In fact, I've even had quite a few say flat out that they don't even look at providers who don't have a website. I would strongly recommend that.

5 Little Monkeys
06-22-2015, 09:04 AM
Since starting my fb page for daycare, I have been overwhelmed with interest. I advertise it on local fb swap and shop pages, fb Childcare pages and our local city forum website. It's been a great asset!

Good luck, I hope you fill up soon! We all know that stress!!

SnugglebearHD
06-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Ok.. so I just added a Facebook Page. The website I want to do BUT I really want to have it up and running for a week or 2 first so that I have more stuff to post :)

babydom
06-22-2015, 10:25 AM
U can post flyers at your local grocery stores or libraries sometimes they will have a bulletin board at the front that you can post on

teddybear
06-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Be careful advertising on mailboxes, I was told we can be fined for doing that.

Teagansmom
06-22-2015, 11:29 AM
I had postcards made up and delivered them in my neighbourhood. Signed a few families from that form of advertising, flyers worked in the past as well.

MonkeyPrincess
06-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Snuggle, Could you check your PM's please? I sent you a message. thx

innisfildaycare
06-22-2015, 12:59 PM
I was told by Canada post that it is a federal offense to leave advertisements on mailboxes.

SnugglebearHD
06-22-2015, 01:15 PM
Thanks everyone! I have stopped the mailbox thing cause it was wasting my ink and paper, not to mention my time. I just put out a lawn sign as it was just delivered. The postcards didn't arrive yet but they should be here early this week. Gotta hope the weather stays nice so I can go door to door. I have tried 3 stores and all 3 of them did not have the bulletin board which really sucks. I live in a brand new area which means I don't know a lot of people to help me spread the word you know? I replied to you MonkeyPrincess :)

babydom
06-22-2015, 01:42 PM
Oh the lawn sign is a good idea too. I painted mine on an old kids easel and leave it out at the end of the driveway. I've had moms knock on my door to ask about my daycare. :). Good luck!!

Van
06-22-2015, 04:43 PM
Also don't forget to check at your local school as that is a good place for Mom's to find out about you and also teachers who need daycare for their own children