PDA

View Full Version : Daycare scammers

Junelouise
11-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Please be aware there is another daycare scammer sending out false daycare needed from the U.K. The name I was given was Crystal Eclestone. Something similar has gone around before and some daycare providers have been burned by giving these people personal information and even money. Do not respond to these type of ads. I caught one out that I was having email conversations with when they called their child by a different name by the third or fourth email. I asked them to pay me in cash and I never heard from them again!
Be aware!

June

Lucy1212
11-09-2011, 08:51 PM
I just received an e-mail from these people this morning, I thought it was kind of strange that they were from England! I'm also thinking because this has happened a few times maybe they should be reported.
I asked them to call me directly if they wanted any more info and they never did!

playfelt
11-09-2011, 10:00 PM
What often happens with that scheme is they claim to need care for a short period of time and will pay you upfront. They send you a cheque but make it out for more than the agreed on amount and then ask for a refund. The cheque bounces but by this time you have already sent them a legitimate cheque for the excess - or what you thought was but it comes directly from your pocket. This was a very popular scheme going around the US awhile ago.

Spixie33
11-10-2011, 06:16 AM
I got the same email and was just contemplating whether to even reply with a decline (I don't even work half of December and they were looking for care for the whole month of December) or whether to just ignore it. Then I decided to come on here to see if this was something going around and I am glad I am not the only one.

I had some people from Ireland or Scotland contact me last year too. Very annoying

DaycareLulu
11-10-2011, 06:25 AM
These people contacted me last night as well.

Play and Learn
11-10-2011, 06:45 AM
Same here. When I had ads up while trying to become a nanny, I always had these in my junk mail. It's been going around on and off for at least 10 years!

Daycare123
11-10-2011, 05:32 PM
I got this exact email this morning! I thought it sounded weird so I just told them I could not help them with their...just goes to show you. sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling!

Joy
11-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I just got that today, and it had too many unanswered questions to be legit. Couldn't figure out thier angle though - what their intention would be in the scam. I suppose the asking for money would come if I had replied? thanks for posting - I was really wondering about it.

TurbofitMom
11-12-2011, 02:31 PM
I just received this same email today, from the same person. I am glad I had read about this and knew that it was a scam right from the beginning.

mamaof4
11-14-2011, 08:12 AM
I had another email from a member alerting me to phonies, please ladies remain ever cautious.

Judy Trickett
11-14-2011, 08:52 AM
There are lots of these types of scams that go around each year.

Fun Litt'l Monkeyz
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
To whom this may concern,

I received an email about childcare for a couple who would be coming to Canada from the UK for a Christian Missionary trip. They would be bringing their Son “Peter” with them and would be requiring childcare for him for the month of December.

I told them that I could do the service, and quoted them my service fee. They told me that they would have their Christian Sponsor send me my fee, plus their air ticketing fees. That I would cash the certified cheque and send them the difference via Western Union to their “Travel Agent”.

When I declined doing this, I have not received another email from them.

I would like to make you aware, that what they were wanting me to do was a fraud! They were going to send me a phony cheque, get me to cash it, and forward the difference of the money. Then the cheque would bounce and I would be out that money.

Just want people to be aware and be careful when dealing with odd requests like this one!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Stacey

rosey
02-13-2014, 07:45 AM
I have had a weird experience about a family moving from Mexico and needing daycare. His name is Luke Moory (he says) and he even sent a picture of his family?? He has changed his arrival dates twice and even though I told him not to worry about a deposit and just to get a hold of me when he arrives he is very adamant I send him my name and address so he can send me a deposit. I told him that wasn't important and again told him to reach me by the number I gave him when he arrived...as of yet have not heard back from him. My gut feeling tells me it's a scam..so beware if he contacts you!

bright sparks
02-13-2014, 08:40 AM
It is a scam...the name has been used all over the province to my knowledge with bogus enquiries left right and centre. DELETE!

rosey
02-13-2014, 09:16 AM
I have since read up on daycare scams and this Mexico one was listed..people...who can you trust anymore! Don't believe I will hear back from him again since I didn't do as he asked :)