PDA

View Full Version : Gift etiquette?

Dreamalittledream
06-26-2015, 07:00 AM
I'm always torn come gift time....I am blessed with very generous daycare families:). Do you open your presents in front of them or wait?

babydom
06-26-2015, 07:21 AM
I front of them they put thought into the gift and want to see your reaction...especiall y the kids :)

Suzie_Homemaker
06-26-2015, 08:32 AM
My daycare parent tend to give Christmas gift and Mothers Day gift. I tend keep quiet about my birthday. I not open Christmas gift in front of them because I wonder if might cause issue at home if child want to open gift before Christmas Day. I do open Mothers Day gift so I can thank child at time in person.

mickyc
06-26-2015, 02:28 PM
I always wait until after to open. I am emotional so don't want to cry. I always thank them after the fact.

superfun
06-26-2015, 02:46 PM
This is a good question! I have done both I think. I usually wait, unless the child is really excited for me to open it.

sandylynn
06-26-2015, 05:10 PM
I ALWAYS wait....and I am glad I choose this way...I certainly wouldn't have wanted the parent to see the look on my face when I opened the USED tube of self sun tanning lotion they gave me for Christmas! I was grateful for the thought (I guess?) I mean...a lot of thought went into it..right?.. but left me with no option except to throw it in the trash....so ya...never opened a gift in front of the parent...and will remain that way....

bright sparks
06-26-2015, 05:40 PM
I ALWAYS wait....and I am glad I choose this way...I certainly wouldn't have wanted the parent to see the look on my face when I opened the USED tube of self sun tanning lotion they gave me for Christmas! I was grateful for the thought (I guess?) I mean...a lot of thought went into it..right?.. but left me with no option except to throw it in the trash....so ya...never opened a gift in front of the parent...and will remain that way....

Haha I remember this. I think I would have wanted to open it in front of them so they would have to face the consequences of this kind of thoughtless move. I wonder if they were high?!?! lolol

5 Little Monkeys
06-27-2015, 12:09 AM
I have done both as well. I am terrible gift receiver...I feel like I need to make a big show of it but than it probably comes across as fake....or I feel like I don't react enough lol. It's awkward for me

I can sometimes tell if they want me to open it than so I do but now I usually just say thank you and say I'll open at xx time and than make sure to thank them again once I know what it is.

Van
06-29-2015, 11:09 PM
One parent told me she will bring a gift for me tomorrow as it's the child's last day and I will open it in front of her as she seemed excited to tell me about it ........I hope I like it or can fake it LOL