PDA

View Full Version : Today is my last day!

AmandaKDT
06-30-2015, 08:37 AM
Well, today is the last day of my home daycare career! I am only open until noon, so I am taking the kids to a brand new playground this morning and then they are gone by lunch time.

I have everything all set up work-wise for the summer and fall, and we are leaving for a 3 day family camping trip tomorrow so everything is all good! I have a 2 day a week teaching job already set up for September and I will continue to do my Lego classes and birthday parties.

Everyone have a really good summer!

bright sparks
06-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Congrats! Have a great morning and best of luck for you and your family in your future endeavours!!

torontokids
06-30-2015, 12:08 PM
That's so exciting! Being able to leave for a 3 day camping trip mid week? I feel like I can't even remember that kind of flexibility with my previous job and I have only been doing this for 2.5 yrs.

I am so envious when I hear all about people being done with daycare. I think that lets me know my decision after my mat leave will be not to reopen!

kindertime
06-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Congratulations, and enjoy your new life path. I hope it brings you a lot of happiness and that you have great success. :thumbup:

torontokids
06-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Do you have to find care for your girls too or do you have family helping out while you are teaching?

Van
06-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Good Luck with your new future
Camping mid-week and all summer off and a teaching job arranged for Sept
Sign me on too LOL

AmandaKDT
06-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Do you have to find care for your girls too or do you have family helping out while you are teaching?

We were able to get them into the daycare center attached to my older daughter's school, which is wonderful since those spaces can be very hard to get. The grandparents live too far away, so it isn't possible for us to have family help us with childcare.

superfun
06-30-2015, 05:43 PM
That's really great! I'm happy it all worked out for you. I'll miss your input around here though.

5 Little Monkeys
06-30-2015, 05:57 PM
Yay!! Enjoy your summer and new adventures!!

Lots are leaving it seems....hope you all still pop in once and awhile!