PDA

View Full Version : How much should I charge for drop ins?

Cocoon
11-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been contacted by a parent who require drop in for 2 days a week and 4-5 hours each day. To my uderstanding if it is regular it is not drop in but anyway I'm not fussed. I don't know how much to charge? Should I charge hourly(parent asked my hourly rate)? Or my half day fee? I don't accept more then two children at any giving time. So should I charge more then the other home day cares as there will be only two kids? And my day home is in NW.

Thank you in advance.
Cocoon

Play and Learn
11-13-2011, 11:49 AM
I would charge more personally. Or charge an hourly fee.

Cocoon
11-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Thank you for your respond Play and Learn. Can you give me some numbers as I really don't know what to charge? Would $10 per hour be too much? Thanks.

Play and Learn
11-13-2011, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't know! I don't offer half days, as it would interrupt my day! I think if they're staying for lunch, keep it as your daily rate.

Originally, I had the idea of doing half-days, and it would be 4 hours or less for $30/day (includes one snack). 4 hours or more was my regular rate at $35/day. BUT, then I started to think about it...some parents were dropping off at 9 a.m., and they wanted until 12. Well, they would get a snack AND lunch - not worth my time or money! So, it was just $35/day. Hopefully that makes sense....

If you go hourly, I'd almost do $14/hour! That's what I made as a nanny for the past years when I worked as one...

Cocoon
11-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Thank you.

mom-in-alberta
11-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Personally, I charge for the full day regardless. I explain to parents that their fee pays for a "SPOT" in the daycare, as opposed to a set number of hours, etc.
And if someone is coming for only half days, it is unlikely that you are going to fill the other half, so I didn't want to penalize myself and my income. Plus, like Play and Learn said, you will probably feed them at least once.

Cocoon
11-15-2011, 10:28 PM
I said I would charge $13ph and I haven't heard from her again :)