PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to add in my contract!!

innisfildaycare
07-22-2015, 10:02 PM
Oh no!! I forgot to add that the daycare will close early on xmas eve as well as new years eve in my contract to 3 families I just signed on!! How should i go about fixing this??? Should i re-do contract or send another form home stating this and have them sign it??
Thanks

Suzie_Homemaker
07-23-2015, 06:14 AM
A contract is document which reflects the agreement between you. If your client's have not agreed to this, then they don't have to accept the change.

Are these early closes something you mentioned before they signed? Can you prove it?

It so, it might be simple to amend and get them to re-sign and worst, you look a bit foolish for missing it.

If this not known by them, then it potentially cause issue esp if their work is hard to get leave during busy time.

I would e-mail them, explain and ask for them to sign new version attached. But understand it is ask not expect because you are changing the agreement and they don't have to accept.

torontokids
07-23-2015, 06:22 AM
You haven't opened yet right? I would email them and mention that this addition didn't make it to your final "saved" copy through error. I would let them know about the closures and if this is a deal breaker for them then you'll have to keep looking for other families.

babydom
07-23-2015, 06:27 AM
I agree with TOkids. Tell them you just realized this bit wasn't added to their copy and you'd like them to resign. If they argue that they don't want to sign to the early closures then you'll have to say sorry unfortunately it won't be a good fit then and give back any deposits and look for another client. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Fireyesblue
07-23-2015, 06:49 AM
Amend the contract and re-send. As someone who worked out of the home until recently, most people in private and Gov sector get off work at noon on those days (if not off entirely) I would also add at the end of your contract/handbook, a clause stating that you reserve the right to make changes to your contract as you deem fit and will provide 2 weeks notice when possible. They don't have to agree to the new terms, but it saves you if something comes up you need to change.

playfelt
07-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Mine isn't a for sure and simply says I reserve the right to close early with full pay on any holiday eve such as Christmas eve, and that a minimum 3 weeks notice will be given.

mickyc
07-23-2015, 12:09 PM
I would amend and send out.

My contract also says I may close early and will provide 30 days notice. If I close at noon (not feed kids lunch) I only charge $20. If I close later it is regular fees. My contract does say I will be closing early on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve as well as Halloween.

My contract also reads that I will give a new copy of my contract to everyone yearly and I reserve the right to make changes to my contract on a yearly basis. I do not get anything resigned but I keep my email that shows parents have received it.