PDA

View Full Version : Holding fee

daycarelady2
07-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Hi ladies!
Do you guys have a holding fee for people who take off a few weeks at a time? And what do you charge?
My situation is two families took fours weeks holidays without much notice so I'm having to dip into our savings to pay myself which isn't a big deal because that's what it's there for. I just would have prepares better had I known a split my pays leading up to save for this. Anyway I'm thinking of doing $100/week holding fee for time off needed more than one week. Is that fair or no?

Also....one more time with Bill 10 how many kids can I have in January and what ages?
For example if I have a 3 year old a 2 year old and a 1 year old. Also what about having a child before and after school can I tweek a child's hours to make one full time kid? (ie. Child A comes 7:30-7:45am and 3:30-5:00. Can i make child B come 8:00-3:00?)
What about my kids? They are in school full time mon-Fri and are 4 & 7
Honestly this Bill is so hard for me to wrap my dumb head around LOL

babydom
07-23-2015, 01:39 PM
I charge a holding fee before a family starts care with me to hold their spot. But once they are started they are required to pay regardless if they are here or not, like off sick or take off for vacation. If they are away and I am open they pay me the reg rate.

With Bill 10 u can have 5 kids with only two under two. But because u have a 4yr old you can only have one under one. Your 7yr old will never count as our own kids 6 and up don't count. Your 4yr old will not count aslong as out of your 5 daycare kids there is only one under two. But your four yr old will count in the summer but not on pd days sick days Christmas or march break. Yes you can have two kids share a spot. You can have as many kids as u want enrolled but as long as you never over lap and u always just have five. So if child A leaves for school child B can come in but child B must be picked up before A comes home or you'll b over.

mickyc
07-23-2015, 01:41 PM
If a family is away on holidays they still pay!!! I do however offer a $5 day discount ONLY if I was given 30 days notice of vacation time. I think of it as an incentive to give me notice and I don't have to provide their child food but I am still paid for my time. I also do not give that discount to stats. I am payed full rate those days.

I certainly would make them pay when they are gone. They are paying for the spot not the days they need!

As for the Bill - not sure as I am in a different province.

daycarelady2
07-23-2015, 02:00 PM
Thanks! Ladies! You've been so helpful!
:) have a fantastic weekend!

Busy ECE mommy
07-24-2015, 08:02 AM
They pay full rate for all stats/child's illness/child's vacation. They pay to reserve their regularly scheduled days. We'd all be broke if families could take whatever unpaid time off that they wanted! You pay for the spot, regardless of the reason why you aren't attending.