PDA

View Full Version : New to group

mum06
07-31-2015, 09:36 AM
Good morning to all,

I am setting up my day home privately as I have talked with agencies and really don't know how I would make any money with everything they end up taking off ( for good reasons) and am curious about getting business/gst number for it, not sure where to start, any help would be great. I have clients starting in Sept, have a contract in place just need some help with setting up, do I need a business number and or gst, liability and how much coverage I would need.

BlueRose
07-31-2015, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the land of home daycare providers.

You don't need to get a business number

We are not allowed to charge our clients any tax so we don't need a GST number

It is recommended that you get $2 million liability coverage

It is recommended that you get a daycare ryder (insurance). You don't need commercial insurance. The ryder will cost between $150-$300 per year. If you are planning on using your car to transport your daycare kids you will need insurance for that as well.

A police check is always good to have. I am finding that parents want to see them for all adults in the house now a days. (but that could be just in my area)

mum06
07-31-2015, 11:11 AM
Hi BlueRose,
Yes I have child CPR and police check, I also do not plan on using my vehicle as school and parks are less then 5 min away. If I plan day outs it will be using public transit. I thank you for your information. Am excited to get up and running, much appreciated.