PDA

View Full Version : I've got my first day care child

Cocoon
11-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to share the good news. I will be looking after 13 months old from next week. I've met with the parent yesterday and she emailed me last night to say that they would love to send their child to my dayhome. And we are signing the contract on Friday.

Thank you for everyone who provided informations on here. Everyone on here seems very supportive. :)

Thanks again.
Cocoon

playfelt
11-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Great news getting the first one. That is the hardest. Hope more follow along quickly for you.

sunnydays
11-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Congratulations! It will be easier from here on to get more clients because now you will have a reference :)

Play and Learn
11-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Congrats! Here's to hoping they're a golden family!

Cocoon
11-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Thank you very much all. I'm actually an experienced caregiver/nanny so providing references wasn't an issue. I guess I'm very lucky as I just opened my dayhome and got my first client.

I have nothing in my day home as I didn't know what age group I will be looking after. Told this to the parent and she was fine with it. Now I need to buy high chair, toys, books etc.

Play and Learn, I hope they are the Golden family :)

Play and Learn
11-15-2011, 07:57 PM
^ I just use booster seats - as we don't have a lot of space in the kitchen for 3 highchairs! And I ask that parents provide the playpens. If you have any questions - feel free to PM me!

I was a nanny prior to opening a home daycare as well!

mom-in-alberta
11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Yaaaayyyy! Good for you :)

sunnydays
11-15-2011, 08:32 PM
I use booster seats as well...high chairs take up too much space!

Cocoon
11-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Oh I have so many questions Play and Learn, you will regret that you offered. :)
Mother said she can bring booster but the child is 13 months old and she is tiny do you think it would be safe for her? And also what do you all provide apart from lunch and snacks of course?

Thank you.

Play and Learn
11-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey....I like to help! :)
For my tiny kiddies - I use the Fisher Price Healthy Choices Booster Seat. In Canadian funds, they're about $40 new plus tax, but if you can find them for $15-20 used, you're good to go! I bought mine in the US (as we're 30 minutes away) and bought it for $23.

PM me and I can give you the list that I give to the parents....