PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Open a Day Home in Alberta

adbn
08-06-2015, 05:59 PM
Hello,

I am looking at opening a day home, just wondering what advice is out there for me and how about to I get started. How many kids can I take? What are the costs?
And I am looking starting a manual for the day home.

Any advice would be greatly help me out.

Thank you

fivelittleones
08-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Do your research about the rules and regulations, ratios. Make sure your contract is very detailed, make sure you get paid for the stats. Please only do this if you truly care about children. It's a lot of work, but it is very rewarding. You will be molding these little people in their first few years and it really does have an impact on the kind of youngster they will become. The rules in Ontario are different from Alberta. You need a decent space, not just a small room in a house. Children need space to play and learn. It costs a bit of money to get started. Shelves, books, toys, learning charts, etc. but you can get some of these at second hand stores. Advertising also costs some money. When you get your first few children, the transitioning period can be quite challenging to the point where you might question if you made the right decision, lol, it's a commitment. Also interviews are very important and finding the right families.
Good luck! :)