PDA

View Full Version : Holidays

zen39
11-15-2011, 07:23 PM
I saw a posting where people were talking about holidays and thought I would just see what other providers do for holidays.

How many weeks? Paid or Unpaid? Do you provide back up care?

For me personally, I take 5 weeks unpaid vacation in addition to all paid stat days. I do not provide back up care. Prior to enrolling families I inform them of my vacation plans and tell them they need to have secondary care arrangements. All of my families have been fine with my holidays. I tell them typically I take 2 weeks in the summer, 2 weeks at Christmas and March break. I usually give them specific dates two months in advance so they can arrange their schedules accordingly.

sunnydays
11-15-2011, 07:54 PM
I take two weeks of paid vacation and one week unpaid, plus all stats paid. I also have 5 paid personal days per year.

Play and Learn
11-15-2011, 08:00 PM
I have 10 weeks unpaid holidays per year. All stats are paid days off.

I tell them 2 weeks at Christmas, a week at March Break, and about 6 weeks in the summer. And other weeks are and can be spread throughout the year in weeks or days.

mom-in-alberta
11-15-2011, 08:04 PM
I have in my agreement: 10 days paid vacation time, 4 paid personal days and paid days off for all stat holidays (which I list in the handbook). Beyond that, I may take time off unpaid, but I have not had to do that yet.
I love the way Christmas works this year because I only have to "take" 2 days off to get about a week and a half over the holidays! :)

lotssoflove
12-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Hello all! WOW! Im completely blown as to all the great information in this forum! I too am having Vacation pay issues. My daycare payment policy has been paid for 49 weeks out of the year for full time children. I take three weeks vacation at my choosing (with prior notice of course) and they can either pay me for my three weeks and not pay for three weeks when they go on vacation or vice versa.
Now a new situation has come up. We have half day JK and for those kids price is for half day and when its a PA day/ Summer its a full day price.
Now what is happening is the parents are pulling the kids out during christmas/PA days when they would normally pay for full day. So should they pay there normal half day pay or full day pay even though the kids arent here? ugh soo confused!

And want about part time kids that come only three times a week. If their day falls on a sat do you get them to pay for the sat holiday?

any Advice would be wonderful!

sunnydays
12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
I have one part-timer (3 days a week) and yes, they have ot pay if their day falls on a stat. As for your half-day kids, I would probably just make them pay their half day if you are on vacation as it isn't really fair to make them pay for a full day when the child isn't even there (unless you do as some other providers and always charge for a full day because they are taking a space).

lotssoflove
12-09-2011, 01:28 PM
I get paid 49 weeks out of the year, so three unpaid weeks weather they take it or me doesnt matter. Things seem to be changing though and Its getting pretty tricky! I think I will have to amend my policy a bit.!