PDA

View Full Version : Day home area

mlc1982
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Out of curiousity, Do you run your day home out of your whole house (different levels) or do you run it all on the same level??

Also, does anyone have a house set up where their kids' bedrooms are on a different level than the master bedroom? If so, how does that work out for you?

CPST_Manda
11-16-2011, 12:01 PM
The only part of my dayhome that is upstairs is the cots for nap time. Everything else is on my main floor. Sorry, no experience with bedrooms on different levels.

Play and Learn
11-16-2011, 12:17 PM
I run the daycare pretty much out of our whole home. The family room is used for playtime during drop-offs and pick-ups. The bathroom, our 3 bedrooms for the sleep rooms - plus a change table & toys in one of those rooms. Then we have a separate play room and kitchen in the basement. So just over 1600 sq feet is used for the home daycare.

I do not have experience with bedrooms on different levels

Daycare123
11-16-2011, 01:29 PM
My daycare is completely separate from my home. My daycare includes a very large open play area, eating area and kitchen, a full bathroom w change table and a nap time room. All daycare related meetings are done in the daycare- I have an entrance that allows parents access to my daycare without going through my home. I enjoy that I can go into my daycare at the beginning of my work day and leave the daycare when my work day is done :)

sunnydays
11-16-2011, 01:52 PM
I have a separate playroom that we spend most of our indoor time in, but we also use the kitchen and the livingroom is used when someone wakes up before the end of naptime because i have some kids sleeping in the playroom. I also have kids napping in family bedrooms upstairs and downstairs. I have my own small children, so the whole house is child-proofed anyway, but I never allow kids to run free in the house from room to room. The bedrooms are only used for naps, not playing and the livingroom is only used as I mentioned above. When I am prepping food the kids are in their booster seats (prep is minimal because it is usually cooked the night before).

mamaball
11-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Our play room is down stairs toys and books up stairs for drop off and pick up time ,I use the bedrooms for nap time so pretty much we use our whole home :)

mom-in-alberta
11-17-2011, 02:36 PM
As of now, our whole home is being used. Downstairs (basement) is totally devoted, as it is one large playroom. We have a basement suite as well, but family is living there right now. When they leave, hopefully in the new year or spring, I will be running the daycare out of it. 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, sitting room, and we will open up the divider so we will be using the same playroom.
I can't wait.... then I will also be able to leave work behind! :)

jewel1122
12-21-2011, 12:26 PM
at the moment everything is done on the main floor of my house livingroom an kitchen however we are in the process of getting ready to move and in the new place the dc will be in a seperate room that is very large and nap time will be using my step daughters room because it is right beside the day care room

fruitloop
12-21-2011, 02:37 PM
The front part of my house is my designated daycare space. They nap in our bedrooms though.

mlc1982
12-27-2011, 11:36 PM
If you use your bedrooms for nap time, how is it set up? Do you put up and take down playpens every day? Is the room large enough to keep them set up without getting in your way?

playfelt
12-28-2011, 06:30 AM
Playpens in my room stay up and we just walk around them. In my kids bedrooms when they were still living at home were taken down daily so they could use their rooms in the evening. Now they are taken down on weekends to make it easier to vacuum.

fruitloop
12-28-2011, 10:05 AM
In my son's room the playpens are set up all the time. He has a loft bed so they are tucked under that and he still has room to play. He uses the basement more than his room though and is barely in it. My dd...taken down daily and also in my room they are taken down daily. It really only takes a few minutes to set up and take down so it's not a big deal for me.