PDA

View Full Version : Request to remove family photos...

mamaof4
11-16-2011, 03:56 PM
this is and anonymous question from a member, what do you think ladies?
I had someone tell me that they wanted me to take all my family pics down from my sons room that doubles as a nap room, what do you all think? My son still needs to know that a part of the room is his? And besides he gets confused so I put his name above his bed he is 3.

sunnydays
11-16-2011, 03:59 PM
That is a ridiculous and insensitive request! Did they give some reason for this??? I would not even entertain such a request. If they don't like it they can go to a daycare centre where there are no traces of a family living there.

Play and Learn
11-16-2011, 04:01 PM
That is a ridiculous and insensitive request! Did they give some reason for this??? I would not even entertain such a request. If they don't like it they can go to a daycare centre where there are no traces of a family living there.

Same here - what a twit of a parent. It YOUR SON's ROOM!!!! IT"S YOUR HOME.

I probably would have laughed at the parents face if they asked me that!!!! DUMBASS.

jodaycare
11-16-2011, 04:34 PM
I would tell them that it is my house and I will put family photos where ever I please! What a twit!

Judy Trickett
11-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Oh, Good Lord. You know, there comes a point when I realize I will never truly have "heard it all"!:blink:

Yeah, NO!

Now, you could just say NO and see how that plays out (but do NOT give in). But honestly, if a parent is asking that sort of completely inappropriate and rude request I would seriously have to entertain terminating them. I don't think I could work with a family like that.

This is HOME daycare. If they want centre care then GO TO A CENTRE where they can enjoy a sterile,, non-descript, impersonal institutionalized setting for even higher fees.:yes:

Geesh..............

mamaball
11-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Thats just crazy !!
No way it's your home your son's personal space
not a chance

mom-in-alberta
11-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Ummmmm..... why?
I can't even pretend to think of a reason that this would be necessary. Unless the pictures were hanging over the playpen and they thought it was a safety issue? Ugh, some people are crazy and that is that!!

Sunflower
11-16-2011, 06:33 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh : If they really want to control the child's surroundings to that extreem they should stay home with their child !

fruitloop
11-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Um, ya NO! No way in he!! would I ever ever take down any of my family photos from any of my rooms...especially bedrooms. That is YOUR child's room first and foremost...daycare always comes second!

mamaof4
11-16-2011, 07:50 PM
This is a follow up message from the poster:
"if pictures of my family and or any of my sons things are in there its hard for them to envision thier kids in my home." It is my home.. I dont get it.

sunnydays
11-16-2011, 07:51 PM
The only reason I can think of that is justified is if they are naked pictures...which I highly doubt you have in your three year old's room:laugh:

fruitloop
11-16-2011, 08:02 PM

Then THEIR kids need to leave your HOME. WTF...that is just insane. What were they expecting in a day home. If they want a place where there are no family photos or evidence of a family living there then they need to leave and go to a center!

playfelt
11-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Plain and simple - they need a nanny. That child should never leave their home. That is the only way the parents are going to be happy but it will be one mighty messed up child come school age.

Nifer
11-17-2011, 07:13 AM

???????? What? What kind of crack are they smoking?
I agree with everyone else here. They should get a nanny or go to a center. That's complete bs.
Why on earth did they ever consider a HOME daycare?

Daycare123
11-17-2011, 12:28 PM
I would probably terminate the contract. There has to be a mutual respect and understanding of family in order to work WITH someone's family-the way childcare providers work with children and their families. It would seem that these parents do not have said respect or understanding for your family. Perhaps you could suggest that they look for a daycare centre.