PDA

View Full Version : Redoing contract.....

babydom
08-26-2015, 08:10 AM
I'm redoing my contract for everyone to sign and be updated for this fall. I want to add in my contract where I can terminate right away if a child is aggressive or the parents don't pay, etc. Right now I don't have anything like that it's just two weeks notice.
My question is how do I word that and do you have it in your contract and do your parents have problems signing it? From a parents point of view im thinking they might not want to sign a clause like that because they could think ill sign take a deposit have the kid,for one day and say he's bad or did something bad and let them go and lie like that....thoughts?
No I'm not saying I would ever lie and do that I'm just thinking that's what the parents might think. That we'll sign and pay she'll care for one day say my child is bad and then let him go but keep the deposit.

BlueRose
08-26-2015, 08:51 AM
this is my termination policy

Termination by Provider

• The provider can give a two week written notice at any time, for any reason.

• The provider holds the right to terminate immediately for the following reasons:

 If there is use of inappropriate words (name-calling, foul language) shaming, humiliating, threatening or frightening a child, another parent, provider’s family or the provider herself.

 If there is any violent behaviour from the parents or child

 If you are caught medicating your child to mask an illness or fever.

 If you or your child breaches one or more of the Health and Safety Policies. (available on line or by request)

 For any reason Daycare name deems it to be in the best interest and safety of others or your child.

My policy for clients terminating is almost a page long and very detailed.

I have NEVER had a problem with anyone not wanting to sign on because of it.

playfelt
08-26-2015, 08:57 AM
This is what mine says. I purposefully didn't spell it all out so that I can use my own judgement on reasoning.

NOTICE OF CHANGES:

BY PARENTS: Parents are required to give three weeks written notice should they wish to change or terminate the contract. An equivalent fee for care will be charged if sufficient notice is not given. Unused vacation days may not be used in lieu of fee payment.

BY PROVIDER: Provider will give at least three weeks written notice should she wish to change or terminate the contract. The provider reserves the right to terminate without notice for breach of the terms and conditions of this contract or if, in the provider’s opinion, the continuation of the child or parent as part of the daycare group is detrimental to the well-being of the other children in care.

mickyc
08-26-2015, 09:32 AM
My contract reads:

I reserve the right to discontinue childcare services for the following reasons (notice can be from immediately to two weeks depending on the situation):
*Failure to pay
*Consistent late payments or NSF cheques
*Consistent late pickups
*Failure to follow policies and procedures as referred to in this contract
*Failure to follow my sick policy (consistently sending sick child to daycare)
*Failure of the child to adjust in a reasonable amount of time
*Extremely aggressive behavior from your child towards other children or myself
*Disrespect, physical or verbal abuse of any kind directed toward myself, other children, other parents or my property.
*Inability of myself to meet the child’s/parent’s specific needs
In the event I feel the need to discontinue care immediately I will not refund any money paid. If two weeks notice is given you are required to pay for those two weeks.

babydom
08-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Thank u. This will be helpful. Another question..... I want to revamp my contract and have everyone sign the new one. I'm mainly doing this so,I can included the part about not being licenced as we are suppose to now with the new bill 10. Do I just do up the new contracts and give it to them to sign or do,I give them a warning? Like in a couple of wks I'll be sending you a new contract to read over and sign.

Also I never do contract renewals. I have kids here 2/3 yrs now and they still have the same contract they signed in interview yrs ago. So with this new contract do I put this years date on it or the date they started yrs ago? Tia

mickyc
08-26-2015, 09:46 AM
I would let them know you are updating your contract before you give it to them. I have a clause stating that contracts will be updated yearly and a new copy will be given in December and any changes take affect January 1st.

Suzie_Homemaker
08-26-2015, 10:21 AM
My contact say this

Termination of Contract
Immediate termination is available to the provider if ; A child’s behaviour threatens the physical or emotional well-being of anyone else in the day home, if a parent is verbally, physically abusive or threatening to any persons in the day home, for non-payment, for failure to disclose non-immunization or for “dosing and dropping” to hide symptoms of illness which would deem a child as requiring exclusion. In these circumstances a charge of 28 days (4 weeks) fees in lieu of the written notice will be applied.

Termination by either party for any other reasons requires four weeks written notice. Fees are due regardless of attendance for the notice period. For those who have more than one child in my care, the notice period is six weeks.

Beanie
08-26-2015, 10:26 AM
I do yearly contracts. They expire after one year and a new contract is signed. as i include children "vacation/personaltime" at a discounted rate for xxx amount of days during the year contract these are reset after the year contract end date. Some years I have a lot of new changes in the year, some years its the exact same with some wording changed here and there. I also include a clause in the contract that states i can change any major contract parts given 4 weeks notice (also my termination requirement to give the parents an out if they want it) for example, i just increased my prices. for some parents that was in the middle of their contract year. i gave them 4 weeks notice of the price increase and if they didn't want to pay more then they had 4 weeks notice to leave.