PDA

View Full Version : Charging extra for meals

Mrs.dee
11-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone,
I've just opened a daycare in my basement and I'm wondering what the average charge (if any) is for meals? I'm open from 7-5, and so far I've got a little girl that eats a little in the morning but also eats before she comes. I walk her to school at 815 and that's the end of the job, but i will have a couple of kids starting next week that will be with me all day.
Thanks!

Play and Learn
11-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Depends what the rates are in the area. Here rates range between $25-$40. Depends on the experience & programs given as well.

Those are full day rates. Then you have before & after rates. For full-time, I'm $35/day, and for b&a school I charge $20 or $15 for one or the other. Part-time rates (2-3 days/week) I charge $40.

sunnydays
11-16-2011, 07:45 PM
I am in Ottawa and the norm is to include meals in the fees at no extra cost. Rates vary by neighbourhood as play and learn mentioned. I charge $42/day and include breakfast, snacks and lunch (although I currently have no kids who eat breakfast with me because of timing). You will need to do your research by checking out what other providers in your area are charging.

Lou
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
The only time I charge extra for meals is when I provide PD Day or Holiday care for school agers. My PD Day rate is $25/day if they bring their own lunch, or $30/day with snacks and meals included. Otherwise, it's the norm to include snacks and meals in your daily rate around here. ($35/day for me for kids infant-4)

fruitloop
11-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Meals are included in the fees.