PDA

View Full Version : Another contract question......

babydom
08-31-2015, 06:36 AM
Still working on my contracts and redoing them. I think I have all added info I wanted in and updated. The last thing I want to add is if they give three wks notice right before my vacation I still want them to pay me that wk vacation. How do I word this? Thank u!!!!

BlueRose
08-31-2015, 06:57 AM
My contract states:
If you terminate within four (4) weeks (less than 20 business days) beore, or during the providers scheduled days off (not including stats) , you forfeit your deposit. The deposit will gi towards other expenses. You will still need to pay the enrollment fee for your child's last two weeks of care. The enrollment fee must be paid in full by 5:00 pm on the Thursday before your child's last two weeks of care.

Suzie_Homemaker
08-31-2015, 08:58 AM
Mine written by my son who is contract lawyer. Mine say.

Termination of Contract
Immediate termination is available to the provider if ; A child’s behaviour threatens the physical
or emotional well-being of anyone else in the day home, if a parent is verbally, physically
abusive or threatening to any persons in the day home, for non-payment, for failure to disclose
non-immunization or for “dosing and dropping” to hide symptoms of illness which would deem
a child as needing 24 hour exclusion. In these circumstances a charge of 28 days (4 weeks) fees
in lieu of the written notice will be applied.
Termination by either party for any other reasons requires four weeks written notice. Fees are
due regardless of attendance for the notice period. For those who have more than one child in
my care, the notice period is six weeks.

And also say,

The Daycare provider is entitled to ten paid personal days per calendar year. Vacation accrues
monthly from January to December with entitlement calculating as number of days/12 months,
each month. No payment is required from the parents for vacation periods which exceed the
contracted ten day period. Should you leave the day care at a time when provider leave has
been accrued but not yet taken during that calendar year, then payment will be required for the
accrued days.

This mean when someone give notice, they pay for the 4 week. It not matter if they not come. It not matter if I not available due to vacation or sick as long as I not had more than contracted 10 days that calendar year.

Not only do they owe for the 4 week notice period but if I not had any of my 10 days yet, and they leave, because how my leave accrues, they would also have to pay accrued leave too.

I normally take first full week in August for my vacation time. If someone leave end of June or July, it not uncommon that I not taken any of my 10 day as I like to keep for summer and Christmas time. Those parent would owe me my notice period plus my vacation days accrued but not taken. This because sometime, when child going to school, they leave day care before the summer, especially if parent work for school board.