PDA

View Full Version : How much will you charge for this?

betsy
08-31-2015, 06:17 PM
How much will you charge a day for this?

One family:

1 below 2 years old, full time,

and an 8, 7 and 5 years old before and after?

babydom
08-31-2015, 06:23 PM
Depends on your area. Here full time rate is usually 45$ a day. So I'd charge full day rate for the under 2. The 8,7,5 get a b/a school rate. Here that is 20$ depending on hrs. Each school age child. And then they pay full day rate on pd days, school holidays, snow days etc. so that be 60$ for all three school age kids plus 45$ for the under 2, so 105$ for all 4. all 4 kids will count towards your numbers so u only have one spot left if you take this family.

betsy
08-31-2015, 07:27 PM
Depends on your area. Here full time rate is usually 45$ a day. So I'd charge full day rate for the under 2. The 8,7,5 get a b/a school rate. Here that is 20$ depending on hrs. Each school age child. And then they pay full day rate on pd days, school holidays, snow days etc. so that be 60$ for all three school age kids plus 45$ for the under 2, so 105$ for all 4. all 4 kids will count towards your numbers so u only have one spot left if you take this family.

I'm in Ontario. Are you in BC?

babydom
08-31-2015, 07:45 PM
No close to ottawa

Busy ECE mommy
08-31-2015, 10:18 PM
Depends on the area. In my area(halton ontario) it would be $50 for the under 2 yr old, and $25 a day per child for before/after, so $125 a day.

Suzie_Homemaker
09-01-2015, 05:19 AM
How much will you charge a day for this?

One family:

1 below 2 years old, full time,

and an 8, 7 and 5 years old before and after?

I would charge full-day rate for the little one. And normal before and after school for the school age children. Do not give sibling discount.

4 places is 4 places. Discounting care take food off your table and puts on theirs. They would not get discount at hairdresser, gas station, or anywhere else based on number of children. Sibling group is bigger risk because if move, or change job, suddenly majority of your income gone in one blink.

playfelt
09-01-2015, 11:07 AM
If you have any children of your own then this will be the only family that you can care for since they are using 4 of your 5 spaces. So only if you have no kids of your own under age 6 can even add anymore. For that reason I would be asking the family to pay at least the equivalent of two full time spaces plus something for the other two if they want to use that many spaces.