PDA

View Full Version : Feeling overwhelmed with what to do???

Tinyones1981
09-10-2015, 08:06 AM
Hello all, I am unsure what to do so I am hoping I can get a few opinions. I've got 1 client who is 4 days a week and who is under 2. With bill 10 coming in to effect in January I feel that I would like to notify them that they will need to bump up to full time enrollment as of Jan 1st 2016. I am not sure how to put this in a letter, or exactly when to give it either. I also have another client who is only 3 days and I feel that 3 just wont cut it so to speak, although they are over 2. I cant seem to find anyone to fill the other 2 days a week. I am just feeling lost on how to deal with the situation. I feel that my under age 2 spots need to be full time as they are my main income so to speak. I know its my business and I get to make my rules but I really love my clients but its also my income and all I can see is it dropping. I've also thought about raising my prices but I just don't see it working for my area as I feel I am capping out already. If anyone has any advice or ideas on what to do or how to deal with it then please let me know.

Lee-Bee
09-10-2015, 08:22 AM
Like it or not the parents need to face the reality that there are suddenly a whole lot less under 2 spots. So they can't just up and leave to a new daycare because you up the fees. Explain that you HAVE to raise your fees to stay open due to the new laws put out by the province. Same for making the under 2 spots full time only. You NEED to do this to stay open. They may leave...but there will be many families looking for an under 2 spot.

The over 2 spot might be harder to increase fees or make them full time only as there will be a sudden increase in the number of spaces for those children. I would likely start with the under 2 spot (increase fee and full time only) then when your current over 2 child leaves increase the fee and increase it to full time only for the incoming family.

5 Little Monkeys
09-10-2015, 08:42 AM
I would tell both parents that in order to stay open you no longer can accept part time and if they want to keep their spots they will need to pay for full time and are of course welcome to bring their children these extra days if they'd like.

I wouldn't bother raising their fee right now but would consider raising it for any new ones.

playfelt
09-10-2015, 01:09 PM
The child that has the over age 2 spot does still give you some income so before tampering with that spot be sure that you can fill the spot with an over age 2 child (unless you have room for 2 under 2). For the other under 2 child you could tell them that as of Jan 2016 you will no longer be accepting less than the full fee for the under age 2 spaces in your daycare. At the same time if the child soon turns two then you could also wait things out but have new rules moving forward.