PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

daycarelady1989
09-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Ive been looking into insurance for my home daycare and I do not want to just add it to my existing honme insurance. Im having a hard time finding insurance. Anyone care to share who you are with?

Wonderwiper
09-11-2015, 09:41 AM
What do you mean you "don't want to just add it to your home insurance"??

As far as I can tell, most of us have a day care rider added to our policy, it's the standard insurance available for daycares.

Separate insurance would likely be Commercial.

Seems Monex and Wanasea (spelling?) are common insurance providers used by home daycares.

Ottawaroses
09-11-2015, 10:41 AM
My home daycare policy is with the Co-operators

babydom
09-11-2015, 11:07 AM
I'm also with the co-operators.

LilDuck
09-23-2015, 01:23 PM
I have my home and auto insurance with TD Meloche Monnex and I just called them to add a daycare rider and they refused - said they don't do it and I need commercial insurance?? Now I'm running around trying to find insurance elsewhere... Also called CAA and they don't do daycare coverage either! Any advice?

Suzie_Homemaker
09-23-2015, 03:01 PM
I have my home and auto insurance with TD Meloche Monnex and I just called them to add a daycare rider and they refused - said they don't do it and I need commercial insurance?? Now I'm running around trying to find insurance elsewhere... Also called CAA and they don't do daycare coverage either! Any advice?

This is common. Not all insurance company will do it and they will suggesting commerical through themselves. CAA never do it. And some only insurance few children.

TD and Wawanesa seem be most common in Maritimes.

Suzie_Homemaker
09-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Oh and TD seem be useless when ever issue. Local provider had daycare cover with them. Called to inform of move and give new address. Then told they not do daycare cover. Then she check and find out person she speak to was wrong. She call TD back and they said yes, she right, they do insure but because person she spoke to cancel her insurance, they not able to undo that and she had to reapply from beginning! Seem crazy system to me if that accurate.

Roger21
09-24-2015, 10:47 PM

Hang up and speak to another. We got a nice deal with TD and they insure up to 6 kids.

bright sparks
09-25-2015, 06:23 AM
State Farm cover up to 5 plus your own. The rider works out to be @$250 a year additional and they are an easy company to work with if there is a claim. I wouldnt recommend going with an insurer based on dollar amount, but more so on specifics of policy coverage and how good they are to deal with if the need to claim arises.

Mom of three
09-25-2015, 08:41 AM
I've got coverage with CAA, they may be confused thinking its a separate business ( they actually had to call me back as at first refused). Let them know it's HOME daycare and only 5 kids, unlicensed. This is in Ontario anyways.

betsy
09-27-2015, 05:46 AM
Yes, I agree with Mom of Three....there must've been a misunderstanding. I just got it with CAA too in Ontario, and we pay $25.00 a year for 5 children (insured at two million).