PDA

View Full Version : Part time or Full time

Skysue
11-19-2011, 04:23 PM
How may ladies are having a hard time filling full time spots? I am so I decided to fill my days with part time spots. Some 1 day some 2 some 3 but it all averages out to be no more than 5 at the same time. It's a bit of a juggle but seems to be the sign of the times!

Am I alone?

mamaball
11-19-2011, 08:09 PM
I only have 1 full timer right now and 3 part timers
Your not alone

playfelt
11-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Just came off a year like that. At one point I had 11 kids on my roster then down to 9 and now down to 7 but as you say no more than 5 at a time. There was no room for shifting days which in a sense gave stability and I could plan events according to who was here. Worked for meals too because a child that disliked a particular food well we ate it on days he wasn't here. It meant doing a theme was almost impossible and frustrating since for one child she was only here on Thurs and Fri so the end of everything. Another was here only Monday and Friday so started a theme and then finished it but didnt' learn about it in between. I then switched to just reading a story and doing a few activities based on the theme of the book so each day was more or less a stand alone event and that saved sanity for all of us.

More and more parents want to go back to work part time so they have some days home with their child and for some by the time their year is up their employer doesn't have much for them to return to so is relieved to find they will job share with another and only work part time.

For us it means a juggling act, a longer settle in time but it also means more income because I charge more for part time than a 5 day a week child and end up doing less fancy things like party days because it becomes impossible to figure out which day of the week to do them on so you end up skipping them to be fair.