PDA

View Full Version : What to do for a temporary goodbye

Spixie33
11-03-2015, 01:45 PM
I have a Daycare child leaving this week for 1 year (he will come back next year when his mom's mat leave is done) with his brother.

What should I do in terms of a send off for this child? I feel like I should do something but I don't want to go all out when it's only a one year hiatus from daycare.

What do you do when an older sibling leaves for a year?

Busy ECE mommy
11-03-2015, 02:02 PM
I always do a photo album for the families of great shots of their child enjoying daycare activities. I also buy them a book.

Lee-Bee
11-03-2015, 02:04 PM
I would just do what you do when a child leaves permanently. 1 yr is forever to a child. Many of your other daycare kids may be gone by the time this child returns so it very well could be a final goodbye.

5 Little Monkeys
11-03-2015, 04:00 PM
I agree with leebee :) a year is a long time and lots may change so this may just be a final goodbye anyways. I do up family themed gift baskets for going away gifts and would do this for them.

babydom
11-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Out of curiosity as I'm in the same position,...is this mom paying for her spot still so she can bring back both kids next yr?

As for ur question I agree with lee-bee :)

Van
11-03-2015, 07:05 PM
I would give a good bye card and a book

Spixie33
11-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Out of curiosity as I'm in the same position,...is this mom paying for her spot still so she can bring back both kids next yr?

As for ur question I agree with lee-bee :)

No, I took a double deposit for both kids which I will hold during the next 12 months.
I have kids leaving for school next September so the timing works out perfectly to slide the 2 siblings back in. It's not like I am leaving a space open for them.
I have known this family since I first opened and this is their 3rd baby that would be coming to me so I don't have any apprehension.

babydom
11-04-2015, 06:01 AM
Ah ok. Thank you :)