PDA

View Full Version : How to open a daycare in montreal?

calliemwang
11-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new at here. I would like to open a family daycare in montreal. I speak english and my native language, but I don't know much about French.

Are there anyone who can tell me how to open a daycare in montreal? or where can I find a daycare agent who can help me to open it up?

Thanks!:D

Skysue
11-20-2011, 10:08 PM
My best advice to you is see what the competition has to offer and go from there:

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/f-services-childcare-nanny-W0QQCatIdZ84

once you see a daycare you would like to be like e-mail and ask to set up an apt with them to gain insight and ideas for your own start up!

Good luck!

Lollipop
05-09-2012, 08:17 PM
You can go on this web site: magarderie.com
I'm sur if you post english message someone will anwser you and help you. Otherwise you can call the city of Montreal

gcj
05-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm in Laval, so not too far away...unfortunately I don't think anyone would respond if you posted in english on magarderie. Start by contacting the city of montreal to find out about regulations...how many kids (it's 6 with 2 under 18mos) etc. You will need a permit to be private. There will be some paper work to be done (references, menu, contract, program) and an inspection.
You can contact your local BC (bureau coordonnateur) if you wish to be a $7 daycare, however depending on where you are you can expect to wait a couple of years to be reconginzed.
Good luck. Let me know if I can answer anything else....different city, but Montreal and Laval work pretty much the same.