PDA

View Full Version : Daycare contract changes!! :)

summerdawne
11-19-2015, 06:54 AM
Hello Everyone! I'm new here and have looked at a few of the posts but there are SO many :laugh: so hoping you can give me a few tips so I can get back to work and not spend my whole day here.. ha ha.

I've been running my in home daycare for almost 18 years. :no: Whew! I am going to be changing some of my current contract with some new updates and would **love** your opinions.

Currently, I allow parents to take 10 UNpaid vacation days a year. I classify these as sick days, vacation days or days they just don't want to go into work. I also take 2 weeks (10 days) PAID a year and anything above that (if we have to close more than those 10 days), I don't charge. I also don't charge if I take an unscheduled holiday etc off. So, basically, they get 10 free days off and so do I.. but it's hard on the pocket book. (for me. Not them!)

I'd like to go to having them pay 52 weeks out of the year.
Here's my question..1) If you do it this way, do you give a break? I was thinking they could have ONE unpaid day off for each day they are signed up for. (3 days daycare a week = 3 unpaid vacation days. 5 scheduled days a week = 5 unpaid days off).

Now here's my bigger dilemia.. 2) if you are getting paid 52 weeks of the year, how do you work your own time off? Do you set say.. 10 vacation days for yourself off paid and anything above that is unpaid? I'm stumped here. I want to be fair.. but.. I don't want to seem greedy either.

Thanks everyone!!:)

BlueRose
11-19-2015, 07:05 AM
I get paid the same every two weeks no matter what. I still take time off. What I have done is lowered my rates by a few dollars compaired to other providers in my area with unpaid vacation time.. It works out to be about the same if I take two weeks unpaid vacation. This way I know what I am getting paid every two weeks.

Lee-Bee
11-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Keep it simple and just have them pay 52 weeks. Don't try and do a different number of unpaid days off for each family. What would you do for the 3 day a week family that switches part way through to 5 days? Would they get 5 days that year? Too complicated long term.

Depending on what your area (or clientele) will support either just get paid for your days off, get paid for vacation but not sick days, or some paid the rest unpaid.

crafty
11-19-2015, 09:24 AM
I have 10 paid vacation days a year plus paid stats. I need to advise them one month in advance when I close for vacations or whatever. If I need to close for any other reason without 1 month notice I don't get paid. If they take any vacations or whatever reason they they do no come they still need to pay. They pay on the first of every month for the entire month. I send them an invoice for the month 2 weeks in advance. It's workout well for me.

Busy ECE mommy
11-20-2015, 12:41 PM
I take 10 paid days plus stats, and 2 weeks unpaid for me as well. I don't give away free days to clients. They pay for their vacation or if their child is sick. I'm paid twice a month, in advance of care.

babydom
11-20-2015, 01:15 PM
I don't offer any free days to clients. I wouldn't make any money that way. I take three wks holidays, one wk in July, one wk in sept and one wk between Christmas and new yrs and all sat and gov holidays off paid. If I'm sick or closed for an appt then I don't charge. But if they are off for any other reason they still pay.

Beanie
11-23-2015, 08:43 AM
I used to do the same as you. they get 10 free days, i get 10 paid days off. but as you said it hurt the pocket book when i wasn't expecting to not be getting full pay. Now, as i still feel it to be fair to give something back to the parents as i'm taking paid days off i offer 10 'discounted days as $10 off the normal daily rate. so instead of $40/day they still pay but only $30. that way i'm not out a full day pay from a child and they save $10 too. I do limit these to only 10 discounted days as well and now require at least two weeks notice to use them. I also still take my 10 paid days off during my one year contracts. :)

Crayola kiddies
11-23-2015, 11:26 AM
i get paid for all 52 weeks of the year....i am closed for three weeks (generally 2 in the summer and 1 at xmas) and i also have 7 paid personal days written in my contract but i must give ample notice (in other words i cant use them for my sick days) i only dont get paid when i close for my illness or any days over and above my allotment

Suzie_Homemaker
11-23-2015, 02:05 PM
I get paid all 52 weeks of year. I not have set closure but do have 10 personal day so I take one week leave and have other day for if need to close for reason. Min 14 day notice before schedule close but can use for sick if need.