PDA

View Full Version : I have aquestion about kids rate

April Care
11-25-2015, 09:45 PM
I have been working day care center few year, and I choose to open my home day care next Jan. but I don't know how to charge parents. I know it is usually $35/day. but it is charge business day or charge full month?
For example, Jan has 31days, but there are have 22 business days in Jan, do I need charge 22*35 or 31*35?
By the way, if you have a client under 18 month, should I charge same price?
when I was working daycare, the younger kid usually more expensive than older kid.
I AM CONFUSED NOW:blink:

Suzie_Homemaker
11-26-2015, 06:07 AM
No, you not charge daily rate x 31 day because then parent paying for weekend care . People not get paid for weekend unless open and working and child enrolled for weekend care.

Most common is fee is bi-weekly. Parent pay for day enrolled. So child who with you 3 day each week, pay for 6 day on fee day, child with you 5 day each week, pay 10 day.

You are right about number of work day change each month. If you want charge monthly and have flat fee, this is formula to make sure you not undercharging.

Daily fee x day enrolled each week = weekly rate
weekly rate x number week open each year = annual rate
annual rate divide by 12 month in year = monthly flat fee

Some people charge more for infant. It more common in Ontario who just have their infant space brought into line with rest of country but because change new there, they have sudden high demand for infant space.

Centre normally charge more for infant because lower ratio of child per staff person for that age group but dayhome not common practice. Your business so up to you if you want charge more. I not charge more but have flat fee. Otherwise when child is 18month, fee go down and my income go down.

Busy ECE mommy
11-26-2015, 06:16 AM
You charge for the set weekdays only that the child is enrolled.
Fees will depend on what your area "norm" is and what your experience/qualifications are. If you are an RECE or offer a unique program(ie. organic food/montessori/ 2nd language teaching/have outside instructors in(ie gymnastics/music/yoga etc) then you might get more. If you are in Ontario, the "2 under 2" laws limit your enrollment, so many charge more for that age group. Do a mock search for daycare using your postal code on the daycarebear search engine, and you'll see what's out there in your area.

babydom
11-26-2015, 06:24 AM
I charge families wkly rates only for days during the wk not wkend. They pay every Friday. I charge the same for all ages.