PDA

View Full Version : Xmas crafts for parents

Busy ECE mommy
12-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Any new ideas for crafts the kids can make their parents for Christmas? Getting tired of the ornament/picture frame idea. Suggestions please?? Also, must be toddler-friendly! Thanks!

5 Little Monkeys
12-14-2015, 01:05 PM
I tend to do the same kind of things but a bit different. For the ones who've been with me over the years, it's tradition now lol. We always make ornaments for example but change it up year to year.

This year they made Rudolph's out of cinnamon sticks, Popsicle trees decorated with foam stickers and I cheated this year and bought premade clay ones from micheals that they painted. I also made picture ornaments with pics I took (wrapping paper background and them wearing Santa hats).

They will decorate sugar cookies I made and their main present to the parent is a canvas picture. The mistletoe thing on Pinterest (footprint) and a string if lights with their fingerprints as the border. I went simple this year

Lee-Bee
12-14-2015, 01:31 PM
https://www.google.ca/search?q=craft.+fing er+print+christmas+l ights&espv=2&biw=1777&bih=887&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil38CFi9z JAhXKpR4KHfo-DL0QsAQIGg&dpr=0.9#imgrc=HxDXKY Fw58avjM%3A

this looks simple and pretty cute!

5 Little Monkeys
12-14-2015, 01:38 PM
The link lee bee posted plus this one is what we did. I just combined the two. Turned out really cute IMO

https://www.google.ca/search?q=craft.+fing er+print+christmas+l ights&espv=2&biw=1777&bih=887&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil38CFi9z JAhXKpR4KHfo-DL0QsAQIGg&dpr=0.9#tbm=isch&q=mistletoes

crafty
12-14-2015, 02:14 PM
I like those mistle toes ! hihi

Every year I just collect all the crafts of December and the kids go home with a big gift bag of all they created during December. We also bake and decorate cookies or make candy or chocolates that we put in a cute decorated box. This year we got a big hand print Christmas tree, a hand print snowman ornament, ginger bread cookies, painted scented salt dough, a paper plate Christmas wreath, heart shape card, toilet paper Olaf and whatever we will make this week hihi.

babydom
12-14-2015, 02:17 PM
We did salt dough ornaments. Super easy! Just salt, flour and water. I did their hand print in a mitten and then did snowflake and Christmas tree cutouts that they painted for the tree. We just wrapped them up today and they'll bring home to put under their tree. We also made reindeer food and gingerbread cookies at playgroup.

http://busybugs.co/2013/12/the-mitten-and-the-mitten-tree-activities.html

mickyc
12-14-2015, 02:18 PM
I printed out pics of the kids faces and we are putting them on foam gingerbread men. Then decorate and put a magnet on the back. Made cinnamon ornaments today too. Going to paint later this week

Van
12-14-2015, 03:09 PM
I did a letter to santa, a wreath, a card with hand prints, a star, a bell - all with inf/toddlers LOL

mattsmom
12-15-2015, 07:13 AM
I found this one on Pinterest.....so cute!

http://www.oneperfectdayblo g.net/2013/12/06/cupcake-liner-christmas-tree-ornaments/

CherryBlossom
12-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Snowmen using pulled apart cotton wool balls, either stuck on paper in the shape of a snowman (they can choose whether to have a two part or 3 part body etc) and pre-cut (by you) hat shapes, eyes, noses etc for decoration, or you can use a cardboard tube, from the inside of napkins or wrapping paper for example, and stick the cotton wool around that to make a 3D snowman.
I've also seen angels made using cardboard tubes - pre-cut wings, coloured/glittered/decorated and then glued on, paper doilies glued around the tube to make her 'dress', and a face drawn on. You can use wool scraps for hair as well.

Lee-Bee
12-17-2015, 01:44 PM
Is it bad that I did nothing this week? I sent home a few art pieces last week. We also made a present at a workshop that week that was wrapped and is under their tree.

I had intentions of doing more but they have been busy playing and I didn't feel like interrupting them when they only had a bit of playtime before we break for the holidays! That's code for I was lazy. But they really have been off playing.

Today is our last day before we break...I might be able to pull out markers and stickers to make a card lol.

torontokids
12-17-2015, 02:03 PM
We stuck giant pine cones in a clay base they made and then painted them with sparkly paints and added sequins to look like christmas trees. We made a card and tomorrow we are going to make salt dough ornaments. I'm open 3 days next week so we are going to be making more ornaments and do some baking.

Oh, I took their picture today and they will be printed this weekend and put into snow globes.