PDA

View Full Version : No patience left

Lee-Bee
12-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Would it be wrong to take a sick day tomorrow, my last day before I break for holidays??????

I have NO patience at all. It is mainly my daughter that is causing the problems but DCG is driving me up the wall as well. One more day. Why does it always end up being that the last few days end up being like this. Couldn't they be all rosy and pink and sweet as sugar and we all part ways for the holidays all happy??

My daughter (2.5yrs) was being such a pain at the end of lunch I ended up slapping a diaper on her and throwing her in bed without her using the potty (she had no desire to). By the time I got DCG into bed I was feeling so guilty about how I was with my daughter (and how i took away her special sleep time bears) that I was about to go in and give a snuggle (to relieve my guilt) but of course she was sound asleep. Leaving me to feel guilty all of nap. And, no doubt she'll make this a LONG nap. I swear they do these things on purpose.

So looking forward to 2 weeks away (visiting my family). Change of scenery, change of routine, family time.

Just need to find enough patience...or to fake enough patience for this afternoon and tomorrow. sighhhh

torontokids
12-16-2015, 12:27 PM
Just stick it out tomorrow. Maybe it was a "one off." Do you have someone that could take your daughter out tomorrow for an hour or so? Maybe just plan a relaxed day of cookie making (heh heh, I know baking with little ones is never REALLY relaxing), watch an x-mas movie etc.

torontokids
12-16-2015, 12:29 PM
I wish I hadn't agreed to open next week now. I am so done as well. I had holidays booked off for the next 2 weeks but opted to open Mon-Wed because the families needed care and I am closed as of Feb. I stupidly agreed to take the one child's older (JK) sibling too...hopefully it is amazing as I will have my school aged (SK)DD home as well.

Lee-Bee
12-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Having her gone an hour won't make a difference. She is a great kid when you don't need anyhting of her lol. She goes off and plays for 45-60+ minutes at a time. It is just when I NEED her to stop and do something that issues arise (potty, getting dressed etc).

I would do a christmas movie day but DCG is scared of every Christmas move we have (rudolph, santa coming to town every one except for Frosty). My daughter is obsessed with all the scary parts (the grinch etc) so they really aren't a good match for Christmas movies lol. I can do a movie tomorrow though. Thought about it today...but again it is mainly just the actual transition parts of the day that the main issues arise and a movie won't help with my kid actually stopping her play long enough to pee.

I will for sure work tomorrow. But oh how I would love to just take the day off.

I hope next week goes smoothly for you! Having the older kids around might be enough change to routine to make it work!

5 Little Monkeys
12-16-2015, 01:09 PM
I wish I had thought ahead and took off the 29,30,31 as I'm off the mon and Friday. We don't have much planned though so I don't NEED the holidays though as I prefer to take them in the summer...it would have been nice though! It will be smaller numbers though and I have a few trips planned so should be fun! (Pool and tobogganing)

Today I met up with mickyc and super fun at the mall for story time. My youngest (2.5) threw a fit on the way out. Mom works there and came to say hi. Her daughter ignored her the whole visit but than FREAKED when mom went back to work!! I had to carry her out.....my neck is sore now! Good thing she's cute ;)

mickyc
12-16-2015, 02:09 PM
My patience have been tested the last week and luckily my crew behaved today on our outing! I have all of next week off! It can't come soon enough. Luckily I didn't even have to book time off to get the break - all my families are away so I get the time off paid!! This never happens.

Lee-Bee
12-16-2015, 02:12 PM
My patience have been tested the last week and luckily my crew behaved today on our outing! I have all of next week off! It can't come soon enough. Luckily I didn't even have to book time off to get the break - all my families are away so I get the time off paid!! This never happens.

Oh wow!!! That is awesome! Enjoy your time off!! It is coming...soon.

5 Little Monkeys
12-16-2015, 02:50 PM

My first 2 or 3 Christmases were like that and it is SO nice! Enjoy your week off!!

Van
12-16-2015, 04:00 PM
I am willing the week away as I am off for 2 wks too, having a party Friday then time to Relax
Lee bee , give your daughter a big hug after nap and she will have forgotten all about stuff before nap, almost Friday .......

Lee-Bee
12-16-2015, 07:57 PM
I am willing the week away as I am off for 2 wks too, having a party Friday then time to Relax
Lee bee , give your daughter a big hug after nap and she will have forgotten all about stuff before nap, almost Friday .......

Thanks.

I got her up early from nap and had a good 20min snuggle before we got DCG up.

When my husband got home she was losing it and I got upset with her. I sent her off to play and then I told him to go play with her so she doesn't think we both hate her (he had been firm with her when he walked in on my lecture). He just laughed and said...she doesn't even remember you were mad.

It is so true. She just forgets and is all smiles and hugs and all that a minute later. I forget that kids forgive and forget so much easier than we adults do.

Van
12-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Yes, they are SO in the MOMENT, I am glad her smiles are back :) Enjoy your Holidays with your family

Suzie_Homemaker
12-17-2015, 05:26 AM
Glad it's not just me. I have sickness in daycare. I think one child (short term, finish today) parent less than honest about her being better and return her faster than should have. She had upset tummy on Thursday last week and sent home. Stayed home on Friday but back Monday and parent called again mid-morning.

Now I find out that her whole family have stomach flu and they were insisting baby's diarrhea was teething. I had to ask why they thought that most logical reason when rest of family were so bad they not have enough toilet for adults!

She been out since Monday but now other daycare children sick. I been cleaning all nap and evening since last Thursday but not seem to stop the spread.

I would like close tomorrow which is baby's final day and I think she will be back because her Mom's birthday and I not sure I want her in the house with everyone sick in hers. I not have any personal day left as I booked them for Christmas when my son coming visit.

I so fed up with this short term family. I be pleased when Friday done and they no longer in my daycare.