PDA

View Full Version : Using your bedrooms for naptime

MommaL
02-16-2016, 01:59 PM
For those of you who have to use one or more of your personal bedrooms for naptime:

1. Do you let children nap on your bed or do you set up mats around the bed?
2. If using playpens, do you keep them up all the time or do you put them away at the end of each day?

I guess I just don't want to feel like the daycare kids are completely taking over our bedrooms, but I'm not sure how realistic it is to avoid it. Thanks for any tips you can provide. :)

mattsmom
02-16-2016, 02:12 PM
I use our master bedroom and our spare bedroom for the babies to nap. I have a playpen in each and the one in our room is folded up every night but the other I just leave where it is.
The toddlers sleep in the playroom on napmats. I wouldn't trust them to not get into anything in the bedrooms when they should be sleeping :)

ebhappydc
02-16-2016, 08:42 PM
I have 4 bdrms upstairs all occupied by my teens and myself. I have a playpen in each bdrm which I keep set up all week except my daughter's room which I fold up everyday as her room has too much stuff in it already. Fridays I take down the other playpens. Fifth dcb I have in a main floor room on a soft mat.
There is a white noise machine or fan in all the rooms. I don't bother closing blinds; just too much work to do that 5 times....they get used to everything eventually. I find it's best to separate them if you can because not all fall asleep at same time, or wake at same time. My groups generally sleeps very well and if they don't they just babble until time is over. I have one that still cries occasionally but the others don't seem to care.
The only thing i'm not sure about is some of the kids are technically over the weight on the label of the playpen, but I haven't had any problems and they just lay there anyway. I like to keep them in as long as possible so they don't wander.

Crayola kiddies
02-17-2016, 06:18 AM
I have play pens in all the bedrooms and I leave them up all the time

Suzie_Homemaker
02-17-2016, 06:26 AM
1. Do you let children nap on your bed or do you set up mats around the bed?
Not let child nap on my bed. I used to when first open but then child peed in sleep and it went on my mattress so not do that now. Have cots which stack and can be cleaned and use those but over 2's are in our room.

2. If using playpens, do you keep them up all the time or do you put them away at the end of each day?

I only use playpen for children under 2. I have set up in guest room which used to be son's room so they stay up all time. Over 2's in our room on cots.

33 Daiseys
02-17-2016, 07:56 AM
I have a pack and play in each bedroom. The way the bedroom are set up and the fact that we are fortunate to have large rooms, they really aren't in the way. The only time I take them down is during the 2 weeks of Christmas. I HATE having to take them down, and set them up. Lazy possibly, but it works for me:)

Busy ECE mommy
02-17-2016, 09:16 AM
My over 2's are on cots on the main floor, and the infants are in playpens in separate bedrooms.
My playpens are set up all of the time-too much hassle to pack them up every day and reassemble later.

BlueRose
02-17-2016, 11:02 AM
All kids sleep in the playroom. Some in playpens others on mats depending on age. The dc kids are ONLY allowed in the playroom. The rest of the house is for family only.

Van
02-19-2016, 03:49 PM
All 4 children sleep in the nap room on waterproof mats so easy to clean , if they are very young they sleep in playpens which I keep up in the same room