PDA

View Full Version : Policy/Contract/Handbook length??

mlc1982
11-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Out of curiousity, how many pages is your handbook/policy/contract or whatever you have written up for your day home??

Mine seems so long sometimes and I wonder if it's neccesary. I believe the handbook itself is 5 printed pages, and then the contract is 1 1/2 (outlining handbook.)

KingstonMom
11-25-2011, 07:00 AM
my contract is 2.5 pages, fine type. I do not have a handbook, so my contract includes things like What to Bring, Daily routine, Sick/Vacation Policy etc

Play and Learn
11-25-2011, 07:16 AM
Shouldn't matter how long or short it is, just as long as you have all the information that you feel necessary is in it.

My Manual is 10 pages long, but is very thorough. My contract is about 2-3 pages long - depending what the clauses are for that family.

playfelt
11-25-2011, 07:26 AM
My contract is 11 pages long but the last 4 pages deal with each age group and what I provide and what parents provide, and a bit about what I do with that age group. I give all of the pages to the family even when they are just starting as an infant because it gives them an idea of how things will progress over the years. Then there are 5 pages that are for them to fill out and return which is their contract with hours and fees, medical information, feeding, notes, pick up.

For the contract itself it consists of:
2 pages: about me, my family, my house
1 page: Policy statement
3 pages: Childcare terms and conditions
1 page: Fee outline
4 pages: Ages and stages (one infant, two toddler, one preschool - the toddler one is more indepth and includes more info on what we do everyday from a learning standpoint since this is the primary age range I interview with age 13m-30m)

Judy Trickett
11-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Mine is all in one package. All contract, forms, policies etc.....about 9 pages.

Spixie33
11-25-2011, 11:49 AM
I have a 10 page handbook where the parent has to initial each section and also sign and date the last page to say that they will comply with the rules of each section.

I have a 1 page signed contract that covers hours, rate per day per child etc and pay date

I then have about 5 miscellaneous permission forms and questionnaires about the child that need to be filled out

fruitloop
11-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Mine is all in one package. All contract, forms, policies etc.....about 9 pages.

Mine too and it's about 12 pages long.

Sandbox Sally
11-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Ditto Judy and fruitloop - all in one, and about 10 pages in length.