PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?

littlefish
03-09-2016, 09:59 AM
Hi,

Is it just me, but I have noticed clients make appointments and cancel on the day of the interview, they sounds so excited in the beginning and all the sudden they come saying oh sorry I found another daycare!! I'm finding it hard to find another client!! Any advice will be much appreciated! The other day a lady phoned on Monday morning at 7:00 AM asking to come for and interview right at the moment I said sorry I can't we can leave it for Tues she said no I can't so we ended up making the interview for Fri because she was available the day she cancel saying she found a daycare what?? I'm like this people are so sensitive and it has to be there way! Don't like this game! :no:

5 Little Monkeys
03-09-2016, 10:45 AM
It's a tough part of the job and can be stressful when we need to fill that spot!

But on the other hand, it's stressful for parents too and sometimes they're on a time crunch because they go back to work soon. It is their right to take a dc spot when they want and to cancel all other meetings. It only makes sense IMO.

It's the ones that don't show up at all or meet and say they'll be in touch but than disappear that bug me. Thankfully, it doesn't happen too often! It's been 2 years since I've had spaces open up and this Fall I'll have 1-2 I need to fill and am already dreading the interviewing process

littlefish
03-09-2016, 11:32 AM
5 little monkeys, yeah it's very hard, I put myself in their shoes as well, I was thinking like that the other day that they probably have mix emotions of going to work and leave their precious children.
I have to relax and take it slow something will come out, I just I don't want to see myself force to closed my daycare, because I really like what I do and still have the energy to do it. I don't like the part either the interview process uncomfortable for me too.

5 Little Monkeys
03-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Hopefully you find a great family soon :)

Van
03-10-2016, 04:11 PM
yes I would have said no to a 7am interview too :)
you have have to wait it out but it will be worth it -
good Luck