PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how to move forward

33 Daiseys
03-10-2016, 12:38 PM
So we have bought a house, a will be moving on April 2 of this year. I haven't mentioned anything to anyone just because we still have the inspection to do. My hopes are to set up the new daycare room on the 3, and have the kids play in the morning, then come back her to nap here. distance between the two are 57 feet. Thoughts in how to proced would be appriciated.:blink:

Lee-Bee
03-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Can you provide more details.

So you bought a house that is REALLY close to your current place. When do you move out of your current place? I assume you have a overlap and are trying to figure out the best way to transition?

I would use your group as a decision factor. Some kids prefer that slow transition of seeing the new place for a bit before being fully submersed. Others would be better with a full out switch, BAM this is the new place, this is how it is now.

If given the option I would likely do as you mentioned. Drop off at old house, go for an outing to play at new house then back for nap and pick up at old place. Then slowly extend from there...drop off at new house but home for nap and pick up at old house, then drop off and pick up at new house (but nap at old house) then full day at old house (when you are set up for it).

One thing I would suggest is that as soon as it is final (inspection done etc) that you let your families know ASAP. Make sure they know you bought a new house and it is VERY CLOSE to current house so no change for drive time or anything. I would worry that they pick up on cues and think you are moving and they jump ship expecting you will move further away etc. All it takes is the kids mentioning you packing boxes or them seeing something in your house to tip them off. Tell them before they figure it out themselves!

mickyc
03-10-2016, 01:29 PM
For me I would give parents notice asap when things are certain. I would move on the 2nd and 3rd, maybe even closing on the 4th if you need more time. Start new space once completely set up. I wouldn't go back and forth as that would be confusing to the kids IMO.

babydom
03-10-2016, 02:34 PM
If it were me I'd do one day of going to new house. Saying this is our new daycare. Starting tomorrow we are going to be here. Play and eat lunch there. Come back to old to nap. After nap before pick up and at pick up tell kids to say bye to old daycare we are going to new one tomorrow. Tomorrow u start at new one and stay there

Van
03-10-2016, 03:40 PM
I would do it as soon as you know that all the inspections have passed and tell the kids on
mid-week so it will be as easier short week for the 1st week, but I would tell the parents asap like tomorrow and tell them your plans of waiting for the okay from inspections so they know

33 Daiseys
03-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Thank you all for your advice. We can move any time during the month of April, and I have the moving company booked to come on the 16 to move all of the big furniture that date. With the the inspections done and passed:), we now can move forward. I have already sent the inspection information to our insurance and will have full coverage for april 1.
To put how close it is in perspective, you can see the drive way from my back door. Really there is no point to packing boxes as we just have to cross the street and put stuff in their new spot.
The reason for our move is that we are renting, and the repairs service has gone down hill the past 3 years.
This house has a fully finished basement, with a kitchen bathroom and bedroom that I can use for nap time, so essentially I will be able to have a dedicated daycare with a private entrance, while getting back our two family floors.

5 Little Monkeys
03-13-2016, 10:52 AM
Sounds like a nice easy move! Enjoy the new house and having your family space back :) I can imagine doing this job longtime and not having a dedicated space!

Congrats!!