PDA

View Full Version : Daycare Community Sale...

Buggaboo
03-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I am located in Manitoba and considering organizing a community toy/equipment sale on a bi-monthly basis for daycares within Manitoba. This would allow for daycares to change up their toys, books, equipment, etc. Set up would be the Friday evening and provide an opportunity for the daycares to have first chance at purchases. It would be then open to the public on Saturday &/or Sunday.
Thoughts? Anyone who has a daycare in Manitoba, who you be interested in participating?

Thank you!
:D

5 Little Monkeys
03-11-2016, 01:28 PM
I've thought about doing toy/book exchanges with other daycares but than thought it likely wouldn't work in case something gets broken or lost.

I think selling is the best option but honestly, I probably wouldn't participate as a seller. I use fb and ebrandon to sell things and do this multiple times throughout the year. I likely wouldn't have enough all at once to bother taking it somewhere. I'd def go as a buyer though :)

Buggaboo
03-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Thanks 5LM! I have done kijiji and fb and this works well. I have also participated as a seller and I liked having the variety in one place. Both have their positives for sure!

superfun
03-11-2016, 08:01 PM
I should just follow 5LM around agreeing with her. I'd probably participate as a buyer.

Lee-Bee
03-11-2016, 08:35 PM
I would maybe start trying it 2 or maybe 4 times a year but bimonthly would be too frequently. I like to buy new items more frequently but really wouldn't be looking to sell stuff more than once maybe twice a year.

With families I can see the need for this more often as the kids outgrow toys but with daycare you don't really want to get rid of toys because the next kids coming in will likely get use out of it.

What I keep in mind when selling is the effort-price ratio. For my bigger items I want to sell myself on kijiji because I don't to forgo the consignment pay. It takes more time and effort on my part but I get 100% of sales. Do you plan to charge a fee to be a seller? With items like clothing and small toys I consider a consignment or yard sale because those items are harder to sell online and require more effort than the profit.

5 Little Monkeys
03-13-2016, 10:53 AM
I should just follow 5LM around agreeing with her. I'd probably participate as a buyer.

Hahaha....that could be fun! What a confidence boost that would be ;) lol

superfun
03-13-2016, 05:41 PM
Haha, I might get annoying. ;)