PDA

View Full Version : Reusing themes

admin
02-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Hi everyone!

How often do you reuse themes for structured activities like arts & crafts ?
Only once a year, or more often than that?

:)

playfelt
02-24-2011, 12:03 AM
I take into consideration how long a child has been with me. With maternity turnover you can pretty much repeat things every couple years. Crafts I vary a lot but we read the same books and do the same stories over and over.

ceECE
03-08-2011, 03:36 PM
I change my theme every week and repeat them every year.

giraffe
03-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I will repeat themes but I try to make the special gifts for parents different each year but I have had one family for 7 + years (2 different children) so eventually some of the mothers day/x mas presents etc repeated.

Play and Learn
03-09-2011, 08:23 PM
I will repeat themes but I try to make the special gifts for parents different each year but I have had one family for 7 + years (2 different children) so eventually some of the mothers day/x mas presents etc repeated.

You also have to remember that schools always repeat their themes as well. So even though you may have 2 or 3 children from the same family, they will get the reusing in the schools once they get there!

I know from some parents, they liked to compare some of the items each child has done - ie: anything done with their feet and hands. To see how much the child has grown, or how different their two children were at the same age!

giraffe
03-10-2011, 01:39 PM
You also have to remember that schools always repeat their themes as well. So even though you may have 2 or 3 children from the same family, they will get the reusing in the schools once they get there!

I know from some parents, they liked to compare some of the items each child has done - ie: anything done with their feet and hands. To see how much the child has grown, or how different their two children were at the same age!
I am well aware that some school and eachers will repeat themes and activities yearly. As do I, for certain "special" activities... ie at christmas we always do a handprint ornament. The parents love to compair their childs hand from year to year.
What I was getting at was that mom may not want a candle holder every year for mothers day or dad may not want the footprint poem (walk a little slower daddy). So sometimes it is nice to try new things.