PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

Miss Allie
04-20-2016, 01:43 PM
Afternoon everyone,

I'd like to make an introductory post! My name is Allison(Allie) and I just created a post for openings effective July! I have butterflies in my stomach right now LOL.

I'm a Mom and Wife and I work full time as an Administrative Assistant, I have had my daughter in a home childcare, the same one for the last ten years. The woman(and now very close friend of mine) that runs it is AMAZING!

She was literally an angel sent to us when we needed her most. However, she is closing her doors at the end of this month and we are heart broken. My daughter is 10 and I'm looking to start a little childcare place of my own, it will allow me to have some more flexible time with my daughter and family and, I will hopefully, be able to help another parent who needs good child child care.

That all being said, I have made my post hoping to have the promise of filling the three spots in enough time to give notice at my job.

Am I crazy?!

My friend(the lady who cared for my dughter) is very willing to help me get started! She tells me, and has told me for years, that she thinks I would be very good at it, I'm so happy I have her to go to for advice!

I will be creating a space for the kids over the next few weeks but really I'd just like them to be comfortable in my home like my own kids would be.

Fingers crossed that I will be able to find three kiddos before I need to give my notice!

It's a big change! I really hope it works out!!

5 Little Monkeys
04-21-2016, 07:57 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It's a great resource and has so many knowledgable providers :)

It sounds like you have some "inside" info on what owning and running a daycare is truly like and I'm sure you've thought about all the pros and cons. If you feel it's what you really want, go for it and have fun!!

I have a dedicated daycare space but like you, prefer the home like environment still. I think I do a good job of doing that and I know the kids view my home like their home, which I love! These are "my kids" during the day mon-fri and they know it :)

Good luck!!

Miss Allie
04-21-2016, 11:14 AM
Yes exactly! I am going to be creating a dedicated space in our basement, I have TONS of toys and games that I have kept from my kids over the years as well as books and movies. I have a big ol craft bin too because my daughter is quite creative..SO there is lot's to do inside during the not so hospitable weather.

It's time for me to be home, my daughter will benefit and so will my house and my husband, nine hours a day at a desk is not doing anyone in my family any good.