PDA

View Full Version : Hair Accessories at Naptime

ebhappydc
05-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Hi, just a quick question - do you take out all the hair accessories the girls wear when they go down for nap? (I've had boys wear barretts and scrunchies too if they have sisters!)... I don't feel comfortable having them play with the stuff for the 2 hrs...do you? if I don't have time to re-do the hair I just pop them into knap sac...tx for opinion.

babydom
05-02-2016, 07:10 AM
It depends on the child. If it's a child I know will take her hair out or a 1yr taking it out and eating it then yes I take them out and put in their bag. But I've had girls who never touch their hair so I have left it and it's always fine. I do say when I put them down leave her hair, no touch leave ur pretties in

5 Little Monkeys
05-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Same....unless it's a young child and risk of choking, I leave it. They don't play with theirs though....and if they are hair players, it's out before naptime anyways haha

Lee-Bee
05-02-2016, 09:10 AM
Same as the above, but also depends on the hairstyle. If they had tons of hair in pig tails I'd take them out because it would be uncomfortable to lie on it. If it is a top pony or a french braid type do then it isn't an issue and can stay in.

kindertime
05-02-2016, 05:00 PM
I have found that if they are going to play with the hair things, then they have long since been taken out before nap time. I actually discourage barrettes because they hardly ever stay in with the playing, dress-up, and rolling around on couches, etc. If it was a big scrunchy, then I wouldn't worry, but the barrettes are a choking hazard, IMO.

mickyc
05-03-2016, 01:48 PM
I leave them in. I have a 3.5 year old that takes hers out when she naps. When she wakes up I put it in her bag. I find most parents don't use clips until the child is old enough to not put things in their mouth anyways