PDA

View Full Version : New provider :)

kindredspirit
05-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this, and happy to have stumbled across this network of providers! I'm on maternity leave with my second, and decided to open a home daycare rather than go back to work. I opened my dayhome in February, and have 2 part timers, and have had 6 others here and there on a casual basis. I've just gotten 'approved' by our local agency, allowing me to take kids with subsidy and borrow their equipment. I'm planning to step it up a notch now and take on a full time toddler. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

kindertime
05-07-2016, 11:08 AM
:)Welcome! There are providers here from all provinces, and so there is wide range of perspectives and customs in the forum. Where abouts are you?

kindredspirit
05-07-2016, 04:30 PM
I'm in Nova Scotia. The 6 other kids were all on different days (1-3 at a time), just to clarify! Here we're allowed 6 including my own kids. I tried that one day this week (max ratios, I had 6 total with 3 under 3), and it was very hectic! With good preparation we made it through, but I prefer to wade in slowly. By the time my mat leave is up I'd like 2 full timers.

Van
05-07-2016, 11:39 PM
Welcome from BC- Yes it is nice to chat with care givers from different parts of Canada
and you get to feel like you know them, it is soo nice :)