PDA

View Full Version : Wwyd?

Busy ECE mommy
05-17-2016, 10:04 AM
So I've had this really bizarre situation come up twice in the last two weeks. I have a client whose mom has really long hair, and it seems to be stuck all over his clothes daily. In the last two weeks, I have found the hair in the middle of his feces(so he has swallowed it), and twice I have found the hair wrapped around his "appendage" tightly, and actually was tight enough to have left marks on it. So bizarre... Obviously I unwrapped "it" to eliminate the restriction. Do I say anything???? I know, probably too much info. LOL!

bright sparks
05-17-2016, 10:43 AM
By his appendage I'm assuming you mean penis??

I'd mention something to mum. It is maybe out of the ordinary but nothing I'd stress to much about. My daughter has long hair and we end up with hair balls all over the place as a result of it getting wrapped up in things via the laundry. Not entirely sure how it would be wrapped around his penis but ingested doesn't seem unlikely for a little one. I'd just let her know she can keep on top better of vacuuming maybe??

Lee-Bee
05-17-2016, 11:25 AM
By his appendage I'm assuming you mean penis??

I'd mention something to mum. It is maybe out of the ordinary but nothing I'd stress to much about. My daughter has long hair and we end up with hair balls all over the place as a result of it getting wrapped up in things via the laundry. Not entirely sure how it would be wrapped around his penis but ingested doesn't seem unlikely for a little one. I'd just let her know she can keep on top better of vacuuming maybe??

I have long hair. It gets everywhere...hair sheds and floats around the house My husband has complained of finding it wrapped around his too. I don't think this is really anything out of the ordinary. The only issue is the child is too young to really notice and remove it himself so it can get wrapped pretty tight. I would just mention it to the mom, so she would know why there might be a red line on his penis if she were to notice it later that day. I wouldn't tell her to vacuum more or anything as I am not really that convinced it helps that much...all it takes is one hair to fall in the right place to be an issue.

As for the hair being in his poop...there is a reason restaurants require hair nets...hair falls out, sometimes into food being prepared. It's not that unusual for moms hair to possibly end up in their supper and for the child to have eaten it. I know I've pulled my hair out of our food on occasion...it's gross but it's life!

bright sparks
05-17-2016, 01:03 PM
I have long hair. It gets everywhere...hair sheds and floats around the house My husband has complained of finding it wrapped around his too. I don't think this is really anything out of the ordinary. The only issue is the child is too young to really notice and remove it himself so it can get wrapped pretty tight. I would just mention it to the mom, so she would know why there might be a red line on his penis if she were to notice it later that day. I wouldn't tell her to vacuum more or anything as I am not really that convinced it helps that much...all it takes is one hair to fall in the right place to be an issue.

As for the hair being in his poop...there is a reason restaurants require hair nets...hair falls out, sometimes into food being prepared. It's not that unusual for moms hair to possibly end up in their supper and for the child to have eaten it. I know I've pulled my hair out of our food on occasion...it's gross but it's life!

Haha I've just re-read what I wrote.....funny how a small omission can read differently. I meant to put "so" she can keep on top better....lol I would never dream of telling someone that they need to keep better on top of cleaning lol. I do find that for me I have to vacuum way more often because of the hair balls...that is all I was referring too.

Van
05-17-2016, 03:37 PM
I have dark curly long hair and it gets everywhere as we just can't control where it falls
one time a child let out a roar A SPIDER it turned out to be my hair so I just wiped it away and said it is just Van's hair now he thinks any spider is my hair:)

Lee-Bee
05-17-2016, 05:29 PM
Haha I've just re-read what I wrote.....funny how a small omission can read differently. I meant to put "so" she can keep on top better....lol I would never dream of telling someone that they need to keep better on top of cleaning lol. I do find that for me I have to vacuum way more often because of the hair balls...that is all I was referring too.

Lol...what a difference one word can make!